Thursday, January 25, 2024

Seize the Birthday Challenge - Kraft + 1


 
 I do like Kraft.  Not sure why I don't use it more actually.  I'm good with this challenge.

I debated on what color to use, and finally chose purple.  I wanted to challenge myself to use a "different" color for myself.  I have to say, I really do dislike purple.  LOL

Such a basic card, but it will definitely work for my masculine card stash!  All products used are retired; a cover plate from MFT, and the bfly from Spellbinders.  The HB I don't even know who's it is.  Sheesh.

Your turn!  Come on over to Seize the Birthday Challenge and play along.  While kraft +1 is optional, being a birthday is not.




Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

18 comments:

Loll said...

I LOVE the texture from the layering of your background Vicki. Your butterflies in purple are so pretty and that colour combo is wonderful. I've had fun joining your team at SPG! xx

Barbara said...

I am partial to backgrounds that are textured like yours is and that combination of colors is amazing. I think that we are surprised by all of the colors that go well with kraft.

Lisa Elton said...

I don't know if I've ever used purple and kraft, but I like it! Terrific card, Vicki!

JoAnn said...

Love your layered background in kraft and the lovely purple butterfly and purple sentiment. Great card Vicki.

Jeanne J. said...

So pretty! That purple butterfly just pops off the page!

TK said...

You may dislike purple, but it works perfectly here! The texture is wonderful but the purple butterfly just comes alive

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great texture and layout on your pretty card.

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card! I think the background looks really awesome too!

*Vicki* said...

Well I believe that you've used the kraft color with the most perfect pairing in purple! Can't go wrong with a butterfly either! I love it!

I Card Everyone said...

I'd love to know whose kraft this is, Vicki - it's a wonderful dark tone that mine seems to be missing!
LOve it with your purple!
=]

Colleen said...

Great background and I think the purple is an awesome color to go with it! Great card, Vicki!

Linda said...

Your card is fantastic with the purple. One of my favorite colors and butterflies are a favorite of mine too.

Ashwini Rao said...

For someone making a card with unknown a disliked color, I must say you've aced it! I love the tone-on-tone butterfly, but especially on the kraft die cut background - it looks just great!

Cathy said...

Love the lattice look background and I do like purple, your card is tops in my book! Cathy x

JulieP said...

Love this but would you belive my first thought was Waffle Cone! LOL!!!

Leslie said...

Great card with fun texture! Love the kraft!

shirley-bee said...

I’m with Jules, my first thought was also waffle cone! And the colour combo reminds me of Cadbury's chocolate. But the butterfly makes it look like trellis. Love that hb diecut!

Glenda J said...

Great idea to use purple! Fabulous lattice background.