Monday, January 29, 2024

Group of 7

I got an email from the Group of 7.  They are a group of stampers who use different techniques, and ask us to join in.  Well, this month is all about alcohol inks and gilding flakes.  I have had these lovely gold flakes for years.  It was time to have some fun!

I started with making an alcohol inked panel and added some some flakes.  I do love the end result of this technique.  It just steps up your card. I cut the panel with a diamond shaped cover plate die, and adhered the cuts onto my card base.

To finish off my card, I added a strip of gold glitter tape, and a birthday sentiment.

The advantage of using a cover plate is you can get 2 cards!  That works for me.


I used [the retired] PTI's birthday die on some vellum, and this 2nd card is complete.

Thanks Group of 7 - I had so much fun with this technique.



Thanks for stopping by~

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two times the fun! These turned out great, Vicki!

TK said...

Both cards are beauties, and I love the colors you've chosen! I think you're right, the gold just takes everything a step further

Darnell said...

Your colors are my favorites, Vicki, and I love how you got two beautiful cards from one panel! I'm mesmerized by those little die-cut diamonds you put back on and how they - and the flakes - really took the design to another level! Thanks for joining us this month! Hugs, Darnell

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards are with beautiful colors from the alcohol ink and adding the gold leaf gives them a touch of elegance! Wonderful cards!

*Vicki* said...

Wow these turned out amazing! I love the colors and the added gilding flakes give it a WOW factor!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, goodness, Vicki! You were very clever and smart when you went looking for a cover die for that panel! DOUBLE the fun and gorgeous colors and glam!
=]

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful colour combo with the AI's and love the sparkle from the gilding flakes. I think I need to get some cover plates you have two stunning cards from one die cut. thanks for trying out the technique with us at GOS xx

nancy littrell said...

OMG..Two Gorgeous cards using the die plate to cut your gorgeous Alcohol ink with Gilding flakes background. Such a plus to get Two beautiful cards:-) So pleased you joined us at Group of Seven Cardmakers this month. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

Beautiful AI panel with gilding flakes, Vicki. You've made two gorgeous and unique cards. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Group of Seven! xx

Julia Aston said...

You achieved a lovely amount of gilding on your AI panel Vicki! Love how you used the positive and negative of the die cut of your panel to create two lovely cards! Thanks for sharing these beauties with GO7! Julia xx

Leslie said...

Both of these are absolutely gorgeous!