Friday, May 13, 2022

Fusion Card Challenge and Clean and Simple on Friday #231

I was inspired by the Fusion Card Challenge photo for the At the Movies Challenge.

Rather then use film strip, or something movie, I went with a title; Dad.  [It's an oldie, but goodie.]

And, like I said, I was inspired by the photo.  I used up some scraps, a discontinued Sizzix stamp set, and retired MFT Letters for the red dad.

You can see how I was inspired :)!

--------------------------------------------------

I went on to join in at Clean and Simple on Friday #231; Butterflies - I am definitely liking this challenge a lot.  I love CAS, and choosing topics I like.. yeah, that's a go-to for me.

I used the Freshly Made Sketch #535. I thought about coloring the butterfly [Hero Arts Antique Flowers & Butterflies], but decided against it.  I like the color combo of the designer paper I used, and liked the look of the plain bfly with it, so I kept it as is.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Clean Lines Everyday.

This card is for the son and daughter in-law.  They are going on a huge motorcycle trip [which I mention with this post] -- Now I have a card to put the ATC's in!  Perfect.

Thanks Challenges!  I had a great time.



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.Thanks for your support!

10 comments:

Anita van Reemst said...

How nice you are joining us again. Beautiful card. Have a nice weekend, greetings Anita

Leslie said...

Both of these are amazing! Great designs and color palettes!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great cards, Vicki! Thanks for playing along with us this week at FMS.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the pop of red on the first card and the fun mix of patterns! Your FMS card is fantastic ~ WWCD!!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow a double feature here of great cards! Love the pop of the red letters on your b/w design! And your butterfly card is beautifu!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! I just love that butterfly and fun tag! Looks great against that white background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karren said...

These are fabulous cards! The way you kept the FMS card beautifully clean with papers that could easily be vintage-y is so clever! Thanks so much for joining us at FMS and Fusion.

Cécile RIBON said...

Two fabulous designs, Vicki! I just love your very simple but so creative take on our sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Celeste Goff said...

Two amazing card Vicki!!!

Claire Grantham said...

WOW! I love this, what a stunning card for a Dad and I like that your paper arrangement on the bottom looks a bit like a clapperboard! Thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge. Claire DT