Thursday, May 12, 2022

Seize the Birthday Challenge - Faux or Real Stitching

I do love sewing on cards!  I'm not sure why I don't do it more - oh wait!  I'm too lazy to get out my sewing machine!  That said, since I really wanted to do "real" stitching, I did get out my machine.

How fun is this.  Just your basic straight line, but I love the texture it adds to my card.  I used the fun MFT Ice Cream Cone die, along with a sentiment from Paper Smooches [OOB].  I love the font with the cute ice cream cone too.

That's it for me.  Now, it's your turn!  While the faux or real stitching is an option, being a birthday card is not.  We hope you join in the fun!



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh yum! Really loving the blend you've dot on that ice cream! Your stitching details make a nice touch!

Lisa Elton said...

I've haven't sewn on a card in forever! Yours turned our cute, Vicki!

Verna Angerhofer said...

The stitching looks great on your card and I like the colors!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Love this - it was definitely worth getting your machine out for.
xxx

Barbara said...

I absolutely loved that you used an ice cream cone instead of the usual cake or cupcake. And you did real stitching. Yeah!

Leslie said...

This IS a fun card with the stitching! I love to sew on my cards too and never even think about it until after I'm finished. We just need to make a place for our sewing machines and leave them out (like I've had to do with a few other things in my studio that used to live in a cabinet)... then they'll likely get used more! ;)

Nancy said...

I love that at least two of the DT members used real stitching! Awesome card! I love the ice cream cone!

JulieP said...

Love the colors of your ice cream!!! And real stitching too? You go girl!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Vicki :-) who doesn't love ice cream on their birthday! Love the colors and the zigzag stitching!! Fabulous! :-)

Sorry it took me a while to pop by, I have been on vacation and just returned home :-) Thanks so much for welcoming me to the party! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Cathy said...

That ice cream looks good enough to eat! Love the colours and the texture from your real threads, Cathy x

shirley-bee said...

Well done you for using real stitching! I’m also too lazy to get my machine out. I even bought a small machine just for cardmaking, but I still don’t use it. Love the colourful ice cream.

Ashwini Rao said...

I'm lazy to get the machine out as well - and that's why I got faux stitching this time! :D But I love how you've added a neat, straight, zig zag line here. Such a sweet (no pun intended) card!!

Glenda J said...

Yay for machine stitching! Great colours on this fun card.