Friday, November 5, 2021

Fun Challenges!

I took some time and decided to join in a few challenges for today's post.

I started with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #510.

I printed off some digital paper from my computer folder, and then cut out [this adorable] *Large Gnome Die from Simon Says and had his hat match the bg panel.

---------------------------------------------------

I went on to play in Kat's Scrappiness November Challenge; a shaker card, along with Just Add Ink #579; Foil, Glimmer, Shimmer, pick 2.

There is a story to this card.  Let me tell you ;).  I was playing around with my laser printer and foil.  I printed a digi [Hanneli Bester's generosity], ran it though my Mink machine, and WA LA, I had a mini slimline sized sentiment - {FOIL for challenge}  I figured I would also try the Edge-less Shaker Card by using some packaging from you guessed it, a slimline set of dies.

I used Katscrappiness Mini Slimline Embossed Edge Dies for the sentiment panel, and just cut down some kraft paper for the card base [3.5x6].

I added in some pretty sequins {SHIMMER for challenge}, adhered the panel to the card base, and added a feather from Spellbinders Feather Dies.  It still needed something, so I wrapped some twine around the card.  End of my story?  What started out as just playing, turned into a fun masculine card for 2 challenges, and my use!  What a win :).

------------------------------------------------------------

For the final challenge [gosh, I hope you are still with me!], I joined in at AAA Cards #202 - a sketch and twist of a gnome.

 

 

I used [my favorite] gnome* again with some happy Christmas colors.  

The sketch is CAS, and this card was quick to make, and I adore the end result!

That's it!  Whew, I hope I didn't bore you..........



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I might have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, the patterned paper for the gnomes really brings them to life! Cute cards. Your edge-less shaker is fantastic! Mine was an epic failure LOL!

Jane said...

Wow! Your gnomes are so eye catching with their bright colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Jen Brum said...

What a great set of cards! I just love the gnomes! They're so cute! Love the plaid paper too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Verna Angerhofer said...

AWEsome card designs. Love the gnomes and all that fun pattern paper you have used on them.

Jen Mitchell said...

What great cards! I love the gnomes! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Chantell Randall said...

All great cards, you gnomes are cute and colourful. Love the Shaker card idea. I agree - it's great when your playing around and end up with something you love. Chantell Just Add Ink

Unknown said...

What a fun journey you had creating your 'Just Choose Two' card! I love that it's a masculine card too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Leslie said...

Wow, all three cards are amazing! The gnomes have a huge place in my heart... I'm in love with them! ;) And I keep seeing the edgeless shaker all over the place which is on my to-do list but I just haven't gotten around to trying it.

Jacquie Southas said...

Fun cards, Vicki! Love the gnomes, especially with the plaid. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow a great trio of cards! Love those gnomes - so cute! Glad you shared one at FMS!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This such a fabulous set of cards, Vicki. I just love the ones with the cute and colorful gnomes. They made such fun Christams cards. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.