Friday, November 5, 2021

Just Us Girls Challenge #609 - Word Week


So many ways of creating using this word.  Me? I went literal again [a lot of that going on with my cards today].

First, I just adore mini slimline cards! [Don't care for the additional postage to mail them, but I really enjoy making them!] I started with a red card base of 3.5 x 6, and using Kat Scrappiness Mini Slimline Scalloped Edge Die, I cut the white panel. My word die is from Stamps of Life; Holiday Greetings Die Set.  The font of the die is so fun, and it worked perfectly on this mini.  (FYI, this die set has 8 dies and is on sale for $14.99 - its through HSN. I highly recommend grabbing it while its still around - no affiliation)  Here is what it looks like.


I'm quite thrilled with the end result of this card.

Okay, your turn!  Come on over to the JUGS Challenge #609 and show us how you use merry for your card.  BTW, this is Angie Cimbalo's last DT card with us.  I'm so sad, but wish her the best in her new adventures!



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I might have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

9 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Vicky... Literal was perfect! Love the design!

Nancy said...

Loving all your word cards as of late! Awesome job on this one too! Have a great weekend!

Rachel D said...

Love the festive red and gold on your card - they really pop! Thanks for having me as your guest designer this month!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome card design. Looks like a great set and I love the festive colors. And, I had no idea there was an extra postage on sending them. I send them in a regular envelope and so far I was not charged more. But square ones I do know cost more to send.

Lisa Elton said...

How fun is this!!

Ina G said...

Love your bold and bright Merry Merry Merry Christmas card Vicki.

Bobby said...

Sure lots of Merry on your card, Vicki. I love them topped with the big gold one.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your literal approach for a fabulous card! The red merrys paired with the gold looks great!

Lisa Kind said...

You’re right about the font…it’s really coo! I love the design of your mini slimline. I’ve sent them with regular postage and had no problems. You should check with your PO.