Saturday, April 17, 2010

SCS Inspiration Challenge #228

It's time again for my favorite challenge - Inspiration for SCS. This week we chose from Crate Label Museum. I chose this label.

I used the adorable bunny from Clear Dollar Stamps - Butterfly Bunny.  My inspiration was the black and white of Fido here for my bunny.  Black copic is rather a difficult blending color - which, I thought it might be - however, you get the drift about my bunny's colors.  I used the Friend stamp from GKD Botanical Dreams.  Once again, I sure hope CDS doesn't get upset when  use another stamp with theirs - Friend was so perfect with this cute butterfly and bunny - they just scream friends!


On my card, I has started with a black base (as the inspiration photo), but it was much to stark with my cutie image, so I changed and went with mint.  Much better don't you think?  My sketch is from Taylored Expressions #109.  I thought about doing this layered technique last pm - when  saw Taylor's sketch this am I thought well HOW PERFECT is that!!  I am short one circle but I still like it~~

Ladies, I am off to create yet another card.  I have a few future projects due and  need to get creating.  Oh yeah - heads up on Monday April 19 (yep - 2 days from now), I am hosting the "Try a New Technique"  over at SCS.  Be sure to come on over and play.  My technique is going to be an easy one that I know you will have fun doing.... See you there!!

14 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Your friend card is so adorable, Vicki! So glad you'll be going easy on us Monday...I will have a full day off (van appt. for routine maintenance, so not sure how much stamping time I'll get).
BTW, I loved the dogs at the beach video you sent via email...tfs!

Julia Aston said...

what a cute inspired card Vicki! great design with the circle spotlighting!

how fun you'll be hosting over on SCS Monday - I'll be sure to check it out!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Cool take on the inspiration piece, you bunny is delightful and I love the circle treatment!

Francie G. said...

What an adorable image, Vicki, and so beautifully colored! Love the tech using all the circles!
I will check out the SCS challenge!

Joanne Travis said...

I love the spotlighting technique you used with this. Such a sweet little image too :)

craftieodmae said...

another beauty for sure!! I'll be watching for ya Monday!

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is so adorable! great take on the inspiration...btw - have you heard from Diane (Wordbird)..just hoping all is ok...she hasnt been around in awhile...thanks

Peggy said...

Great technique and adorable card!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I do love the mint bg for your sweet little bunny! Great job!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I think the circle effect is very cool....unique and creative

Dawn B. said...

This is cool.. I have never seen this before.. Great job. I look forward to seeing you in the challenge on Monday.

Cathleen said...

This is just adorable, love the sweet bunny and spotlighting!

Bonnie McLain said...

Love this... and the bunny is cute... nice coloring too... I hope to be there in the afternoon on Monday... busy day tomorrow... but will get around to hopefully...

Tanya said...

Wonderful card!! I love the rabbit and the circles, sooo cool.