Thursday, February 29, 2024

Guest Designing for Time Out Challenges #258!


I was excited to win a GD spot for Time Out Challenges!  This guy is the bomb for a super fun card!

Photo credit: https://www.vecteezy.com/photo/28244412-green-tree-frog-generative-ai
Artist: Wanapong Phobklang, Thailand. "https://www.vecteezy.com/free-photos">Free Stock photos by Vecteezy

 
While he is here to "inspire" us for a card, I loved the colors of this frog, so, I went a looking through my woodblock stamps [knowing I had at least 1 frog image].  Low & behold, I found 2!  However, when I went to stamp them, sadly one went into the trash.  [Yep folks, here in AZ rubber stamps do not survive in our heat - dried out big time]  I was rather glad the other one worked as he made a terrific card!

I made a mini slimline, using a few of Kat Scrappiness Mini Slimlines Dies for the panels,  I cut some circles for highlighting, and adhered this Copic colored fun guy onto the rounds.

I did add some Nuvo Crystal Drops to him for the "shine" [hard to photograph], and kind of caught his colors - [though not as vivid 😀].  I also computer generated a sentiment, and fussy cut it out.

I hope our "friend" inspires you. If so, join in over at the Time Out Challenges #258. You have until March 13th to play along.

Thanks so much for the Guesting Gig T.O. Team!  I certainly had fun!



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

14 comments:

Nonni said...

Super fun card Vicki! I love the design you created with that cute little frog stamp -very inventive and creative! Thank you fo being an inspiring GD at Time Out!

kareN stampZ said...

That is a fun, fun frog who looks like he's having a hopping good time

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute and a real “hoppy “ card design!

I Card Everyone said...

Congratulations on your win, Vicki! How wonderful to have this dude to inspire your darling card!
BTW the good news is you can now use that rubber stamp that fell off the wood in your MISTI!
=]

*Vicki* said...

Your leap year frog is the cutest! I love his happy face and displayed on your mini slim too! Fabulous card!

Kate said...

Cute frogs Vicky and what a fabulous design - absolutely love it! Thanks for being our guest this challenge! Hugs, Kate!

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on guesting, Vicki! Your card is extra cute and just perfect for today! I recognize this little frog, I think I used to have him too!

TK said...

This is a GREAT card -- love your frog, and the colorful inspiration frog!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Aww, this is such a cute and fun card, Vicki. Thank you so much for guest designing at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

Greta said...

Now that is one happy birthday card, Vicki! How great that you had the perfect stamp to use and I can tell you made him glossy. Thank you for guesting with us at Time Out!

Bobby said...

So glad to have you guesting with us, Vicki. One frog would be fun so your card is triple the fun.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I so love this card, Vicki. It is just so much fun and so great for our challenge. Thanks so much for Guesting with us. We are so happy to have you and excited for more fun together in the future.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I so love this card, Vicki. It is just so much fun and so great for our challenge. Thanks so much for Guesting with us. We are so happy to have you and excited for more fun together in the future.

Leslie said...

Gotta love the frogs! I used to collect frogs and had thousands of them (literally) around my house! I stopped collecting them and got rid of most of them over the years but still find myself drawn to them! This card is great!