Thursday, December 14, 2023

Cold Trees

I got an email today from AAA Card #255 - It's Cold Sketch.  I was instantly inspired, so I joined in.

When I saw the sketch, I was like yes! I can use my faux snow. [I am addicted].  I punched out 3 trees from a stashed inked panel, got my white enamel paint, added some water, and yep - splattered the heck out of my trees.

 

I added a tiny MC, adhered my trees, and this easy card was complete!  This is a big win, as I needed yet another Christmas card.

Thanks AAA - I had so much fun.

--------------------------------

Below is a 3x3 Desktop Calendar gift that I made for a friend of mine. I am loving the size of this cutie!

I had these flowers staring at me on my desk - they were a great add-on to this desktop calendar.

It comes with a small drawer - perfect for holding a post-it pad and a small pen.

I wrapped this fun project in a slide out transparency cover.  All ready for putting in a gift bag now.  I do love a good ABC project.  Being a gift? Excellent.

Thanks for stopping by~

                 

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Cute CAS card and a fun little gift for your friend!

Cardsbymaaike said...

Love your sparkly trees, almost like glitter, but not. Thank you for playing at the AAA Cards Challenges

TK said...

Your card is CAS and perfect -- with all that white, it definitely looks like snow!
Your friend is sure to love the calendar, and an adorable idea with the little drawer

kareN stampZ said...

What stunning wee snowy trees. They're just perfect for the latest challenge at AAA Cards, thanks so much for playing along with us this week. Hope you have a very blessed Christmas.

KarenR (DT AAA Cards)

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the Cold Trees card and also the tiny little calendar. Great job on both!

*Vicki* said...

So love those snowy trees! Wonderful CAS and what a cool calendar with a drawer included!! Wanted to stop in to wish you a fantastic Holiday Season with fun and laughter!

Leslie said...

Love this! The extra blooms on your desk worked perfectly!

Leslie said...

P.S. Absolutely loving the CAS card - what a great sketch!

Francesca said...

Perfectly CAS card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

Kristin Sluhan said...

At first glance, I thought those were GLITTER trees! Fantastic CAS card and the effect of the splatter on the trees is perfection. I'm so glad you were able to play along with us at AAA Cards during the busy holiday season, hope to see more of you work!

kareN stampZ said...

Congrats Vicki on being chosen as the winner of the cold sketch at AAA Cards, you trees are amazing.