Sunday, December 10, 2023

ATC and Tag

Playing with the Gecko Galz images yesterday, reminded me that they also have a monthly ATC Challenge.  You need to use their [free] images - that worked for me!

They had a few "background" bases, I used 2, and a few "person" images, I used 1.  I'm telling you, I am seriously having fun with the "faux" snow!  It gives such a great holiday feel to whatever you create!

-----------------------------------------
I went on to join in [for a first time ever] the Altenew December Ultimate Inspiration Challenge.  They offered a free digital, so I used that with a fun spotlighting effect.

I really complicated this tag.  Rather then just making it a shaker, I cut out a hexagon shape [for the spotlighting], colored it [with Copics], and was going to use dimension tape to lift it up. I didn't like that look, so I ended up making it a shaker.  It would of been much easier to just color the actual spotlighted portion on the tag... oh well.  I ended up putting it on a card base as my friend reads, so now she will have a bookmark.

Because this is a really CAS card, I am entering it into the CAS on Friday Challenge #272, Black, White, + One Color.

  Thanks Challenges - I had a good day.



Thanks for stopping by~

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two pretty cards, Vicki! I like the sweet vintage image on the first one and the spotlight/shaker on the second!

TK said...

Beautiful cards, Vicki! Your fun with faux snow is spreading -- a technique that does look inviting. Your second card with the spotlighted portion on the tag is great -- while you made it harder, you made it pretty! I love the dark frame around it

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful tag designs! Great use of those images!

*Vicki* said...

These are both gorgeous Vicki! I adore that vintage image wiht the snow and the shaker is so elegant!! Want to stop in and say a Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones! Enjoy the beautiful Season!

LeslieT said...

Great projects! Love the hex shapes!

Anke said...

WOW your ATC is so beautiful and the card is very artistic, Vicky.