Thursday, October 26, 2023

Seize the Birthday Challenge - Add a Sky

It's my choice for this 2 week challenge.  I can't wait to see the gallery!

I went literal, inked some clouds and added the oval panel to a mini card.  Literal. lol

I keep having friends ask me if I have any "kids" cards - no, no I don't.  With this fun uni, now I can say yep, yep I do. :)  I struggle to make "cutsie" cards, but I had fun with this image from Simon Says Magical Birthday Stamp set.  The sentiment is from Poppy Stamps Art Deco Birthday Greetings [retired].

I am also addicted to mini slimline cards, and this textured background from Katscrappiness; Mini Slimline Quilted Background.  I love this texture plate!

Okay, that's it for me.  Pop on over to Seize the Birthday Challenge and play along.  While adding a sky is an option, being a birthday card is not.  See you there~



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

16 comments:

TK said...

It appears to me that you aced the "cutesy" card -- great sky, fun unicorn and pretty colors! Very fun card for a kid

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super cute card that kids will love!

I Card Everyone said...

A magical card, Vicki! That sky is the exactly the way it would look for a Unicorn to fly by!
=]

Barbara said...

Those are definingly sone amazing clouds in your sky. It is quite magical! Great challenge Vicki.

*Vicki* said...

This is such an adorable card! The background panel with the clouds looks so puffy with the darling unicorn! LOVE

Nancy said...

Amazing clouds! Love the deep crevices you achieved on the clouds! Well done!

Lisa Elton said...

Your sky is perfect with the cute little unicorn! Delightful card, Vicki!

Leslie said...

Such a cute card! I, too, struggle with 'cutsie' (I'm more of a floral gal) but it seems I'm making more and more of them lately. This unicorn is totally adorable!

Ashwini Rao said...

Definitely a cute card, and the sky looks fabulous in this one! Awesome creation, Vicki!

Linda said...

Vicki, thanks for the fun challenge. Your card is so adorable. Love all the texture. Have a nice weekend.

Cathy said...

This is a super cute kids card Vicki, I love the size and texture plate too, Cathy x

shirley-bee said...

You nailed cutesie Vicki! Love the sky background.

JulieP said...

This is darling! Unicorn or My Little Pony!!! I loved this challenge.

JoAnn said...

Great sky. Love your mini slimline card.

Linda said...

Great sky! Love the cute little unicorn too!

Glenda J said...

Super cute! Love the sky.