Thursday, April 27, 2023

Seize the Birthday Challenge - Balloons

It's my choice for this challenge.  How easy is it to make a birthday card with balloons! ;)

I started with a mini slimline - yes, I still love this style of base.  I used a couple of retired MFT balloon die-namics with colored card stock, and shaded them with Versamark, and a white gel pen.

The celebrate is from Skinny Sentiments from STAMPlorations, and the hb is retired from Happy Little Stampers.  Fun to make, fun to send.  I hope the recipient likes it :)

Your turn.  Come on over to Seize the Birthday Challenge and play along.  While the balloons is an option, being a birthday card is not.  Have fun.



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

15 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I love small things so this mini slimline is right up my street. Great idea to use coloured card stock and add highlights and low lights. I don't often do that, so must remember to try it. Such a lovely simple birthday card, what more could you want? Thank you for all the inspiration and for having me the last 2 months. It has been great xx

Lisa Elton said...

Too cute, Vicki and such a fun way to say Happy Birthday!

JoAnn said...

Love your slimline card with those colorful balloons. This was a great challenge Vicki.

Barbara said...

Yes, when I see balloons, I always think of birthdays. Your card has a great color combination and I adore the sentiment on the top. I should also mention your photography is really cool.

Leslie said...

Love this mini slim! You know they are one of my favorites! Great color combo on this!

*Vicki* said...

Gorgeous slimline card with these colors! I love how they pop out on your design!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful birthday card and I love the colorful balloons!

Nancy said...

Such an excellent card, Vicki! Awesome topping too!

JulieP said...

Balloons and Birthdays do go together wonderfully, don't they? Love the big fun balloons.

Claire said...

I'd never have thought of using Versamark to shade the card stock Vicki - will have to give that a go. It looks so effective and I love the slimline base...must buy some slimline dies as I haven't any in my stash!

Ashwini Rao said...

I almost never use Versamark for shading - its an embossing-exclusive ink for me!! But I must agree, the effects work really well. I love this lineup of balloons 0 couldn't agree more - fun to make and send and receive too!! Awesome card, Vicki!

Cathy said...

Wonderful card, love the lineup of balloons and clever idea to shade them with versamark. Love the white sentiment on top too, great font, thankyou for the fun challenge :) Cathy x

Linda said...

Vicki, thanks for the fun challenge. Lovely card with those great balloons.

Glenda J said...

Those balloons are fantastic - the bold colours and how you shaded them.

shirley-bee said...

Fab balloon card, Vicki! Great idea to use coloured card stock and add shading and highlights, and I love the masculine colour palette.