Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Happy Little Stampers March Water Color Challenge

 
I have a new Challenge Team!  This will make me utilize the many paints I have!

I thought of a bird when I saw wings, so into my [OOB] Inspired By Stamping stamps stash and I grabbed out a bird set, and a sentiment set. 

This is an Australian bird; Kookabura.  Of course, I had to look it up [for colors], and gosh, I sure wouldn't mind having this bird in Arizona!  Here in Casa Grande, we have zero colored birds - it is very sad.

When I water colored the bird, I used a paper towel to take off the excess water/paint, and I really liked the end result - more realistic.  All that said, a painter I am not so the upcoming months, I am hoping I get better.  Meanwhile, this isn't awful, and I'm going with it 😀.

Now, it's your turn.  This challenge has been on a 3 month break, so I hope you join in.  I'm looking forward to seeing the gallery.  You can upload your card over on the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.


Thanks for stopping by~

6 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Such a great card with this bird image! Love the layout and your watercoloring looks great to me!

Lisa Elton said...

It's not awful, it's fabulous and I think you'll do a great job with your new assignment! Congrats!

Nandini said...

Gorgeous card! I love the coloring!

Leslie said...

Gorgeous! Your water coloring is amazing as is your design!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I like your choice of a bird for your wing project! Great coloring!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Vicki I like how you researched this bird first and the thought you put into water coloring it. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work! LynB xoxo