Thursday, May 26, 2022

Seize the Birthday Challenge - Use a Stencil

 
It's my challenge this time.  I hope you join in!
 
So many ways to use stencils now a days. I went with the basic of a background.

I used a stencil I received [many years ago] from Loll Thompson. [That was so nice of her!]  I never could get my cutter to fine cut a stencil - hers came out amazing! It was so easy to sponge on rainbow colored ink.

I used an Altenew Stamp Set, Tulip, that I also received in the Christmas Goodie Box I bought from Simon Says.  [Yes, I totally forgot I had this set].  This set has matching with dies [that weren't in the box 😧].  I just stamped the layers on a panel, and then used my Spellbinder Oval Dies to cut a portion of the tulips out. I stamped the sentiment [from the same set] on vellum, and hand cut that out, and adhered to the focal image.

That's it for my card.  I hope you join in over at Seize the Birthday Challenge.  While use a stencil is an option, being a birthday card is not.


Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.Thank you for the support!

12 comments:

Deborah Wheeler said...

Love this Vicki - that stencilled background is so effective

Leslie said...

Great card - I love the stenciled background and the tulips image. The colors are beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

This is bright and happy!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous colors on the frame and the tulips are so beautiful too.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Vicki :-) the background and tulips are fabulous, love the bright cheerful colors! :-)

Hope you have a fabulous weekend :-)
luv
Lols XXX

JulieP said...

Love how you coordinated the stencil colors with those of the flowers. Beautiful!

Barbara said...

Thanks for the fun challenge using stencils. There are many examples here. I love the background of your card with the spring tulips on it.

Nancy said...

I adore this stencil and background! Awesome card and how sweet of Loll to make it for you.

Cathy said...

Great stencilled background, Loll certainly has a knack with everything :) Gorgeous colourful card and fun challenge, thankyou, Cathy x

Ashwini Rao said...

Love the color matching stencilling and flowers. It looks really great, Vicki!

shirley-bee said...

Love how you’ve matched the stencil colours to the flowers, Vicki, it’s so pleasing on the eye. Fab card!

Glenda J said...

Thanks for the great challenge - your background is gorgeous!