Wednesday, May 25, 2022

MFT Slimline & Simon Says Challenges

I played in a couple of challenges today that I really enjoyed.  First off, I'm joining in at Simon Says Monday; - not a card, and also Simon Says Wednesday; anything goes, so my ABC project will work. I'll start with the matching card I made.

Isn't he adorable!  It's another Paper Smooches [OOB] fun stamp set. 
 


Now on to the "gift" part.  I started by randomly stamping fun images on a card panel, and colored them with Copics. [I backed up the panel with another 110 weight panel for stability]


Now on to the FUN part of this set for my 5 year old nephew. I got out my new Hero Arts Puzzle Die and cut the panel into a puzzle!  He is going to love this and, it's easy enough for him to put it back together.  [It was fun even for me to play with it!]

I am so happy with how this turned out!  I'm thinking I could use this die for an adult by changing up the images [wine comes to mind]!  Such fun project to create. [I wanted to give Caroline Paton thanks for the coloring inspiration - I never would of thought of this on my own!]

---------------------------------------

I went on to join in the MFT Slimline Challenge.  Again, I do adore making slimline cards and I [for some reason] have missed this one in the past.  Not today!

It's probably tacky using Kat's products [with the watermark], but the challenge does say MFT is not required, so I'm going for it.  I used a few of the many Mini Slimline Dies that Katscrappiness offers, and I LOVE THEM! They make it so easy to create "mini" layers!

I also used the Wine Not Dies for my bottle and glass.  I like that you can use designer paper to give the "feel" of an aged bottle of wine.  Since my friend has 3 large wine coolers, this card is perfect for her!

That's it for today.  I'll be popping back with some more challenges that have caught my interest soon.



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.Thanks for your support!

4 comments:

Stef Perry said...

Oh my stars, Vicki, that dinosaur card, which I spotted at the Simon Challenge, is the bomb! Very cute for your nephew plus he's going to love that special puzzle his auntie made for him! So clever and fun!

Lisa Elton said...

You've been busy! Your nephew is going to love his puzzle (what a fun idea!) and card, that dino is so darn cute! These are all fantastic!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Two great card designs showing celebrations. I love the 🦕 one and also the more mature design!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Aww thanks so much for the shout out, Vicki.
Your 'jig-saur' puzzle -see what I did there :o) - is just super cute and fun.Yeah, I can see that die working for all sorts of cards.
xxx