Thursday, September 16, 2021

Seize the Birthday Challenge - Stitching

Another perfect challenge - I have wanted to get out my sewing machine for a couple of weeks.  This totally let me do that. ;)

It's has also been forever since I included a bookmark with my birthday cards.  I love this fun one!  Yeah, the glasses are awesome- I have no idea who they are from.  [SBT] - I just love the frames and they work well with a bookmark. 

You can see the stitching running down both sides.  There is an additional panel - unfortunately, you  can't see it very well in the photo.  I love leaving the tails on when I use stitching too.

Your turn.  Come on over to Seize the Birthday Challenge and play along.  The stitching is an option, being a birthday card is not.  Have fun.



Thanks for stopping by~

15 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh yes! Those glasses are way cool! I love them lined up and your stitching detail with the bookmark is perfect! LOVE!

Lindsey said...

Definitely fun! Great colours and the glasses are terrific.

Lisa Elton said...

Those snazzy glasses and the touch of glitz from the glittery paper really kick this up a knotch! What a fun card, Vicki!

Leslie said...

Super fun! Love the glasses!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super cute and fun card. I swear I thought I had already commented but did not see it so must have only looked. I love this card you made.

Nancy said...

Love the colors, the sewing, and the vertical greeting! Awesome job!

Colleen said...

What a great idea to use stitching and then have it be on a bookmark that is part of the card...awesome!

Barbara said...

Yea! So glad you jumped right into the stitching challenge with real stitching. I even tried my machine and I didn't get anything as cute as this.

Ashwini Rao said...

Looks like you got your fill of stitching done on this card!! I love how you've left the ends hanging there! :) The bookmark, the specs and the vertical sentiment look great! Funky!

JulieP said...

Such a clever design!!! Love the long tails to your stitching and the sharp black background.

JoAnn said...

Very creative. Love your stitching and the cute glasses.

wienerhoneymooners said...

I ADORE this bookmark!!! Perfect for my mom for her birthday!!! If its available, I'd love to buy it from you.

Cathy said...

Such a fun design, love the bookmark with the glasses and stitching, such a cool idea!

Carol L said...

This is such a cool card with those glasses, diagonally striped paper and all that wonderful stitching! Fun birthday card indeed!

Glenda J said...

Such a cool card! Fun colours & patterns and I love how you incorporated the stitching.