Friday, September 17, 2021

Just Us Girls Challenge #602 - Color Week

One thing about these colors - I love them!  That said, I don't see these colors in my area [our trees go from green to brown sticks lol] so I get to at least look at some pretty cards!

I have been seeing gold embossed flower lately [I consider that a neutral] - and today was the day!  Of course all my other colors are the challenge's.  I started with an inked panel, and just went from there.  I used washi tape [so trying to use my products that are collecting dust], panel, colored flowers [Inspired by Stamping OOB], sentiment.  I do love layered cards.

My sentiment is from Pink Fresh Studios - Perfect Sentiments.  I really love the "shaped dies" to the words a lot!

Okay, your turn.  Come on over to JUGS #602 and show us how you use these pretty colors.

====================================

On side note -- I'm once again playing around with my photos.  I am also asking for your opinion.  

Do you like that I eliminated the "stand up" card photo?

Do you like the framed photo or the non-framed photo?

I am hoping I get responses -- thank you all so much 😀



Thanks for stopping by~ and heads up - I use affiliated links in my posts.  No additional cost you, [but I might get a little something - so thanks]

13 comments:

Leslie said...

Beautiful card! I, too, love those colors and we get them with the change of seasons here in Colorado. I like the framed shot the best. The stand-up shot is definitely a personal preference. I keep playing around with my shots too and seem to navigate to toward the same four I've always done. It's hard to make a change. *sigh*

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... the washi background is clearly a great idea... I will have to give that a try! It is so funny you ask about the photos. Before you even poised the questions, I was thinking I wish my card photos look as good as yours. The problem I am about making the card... the post means so little to me. Your photo is GREAT!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card with all those pretty colors. We get some of those colors and of course it depends on what kind of trees one has. Most of ours just turn yellow or brown in our yard but I seen others with different trees have red.

Nancy said...

I see you are channeling Tenia with your Washi and artsy card! Great job! She would love it too!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love this beautiful, artsy creation! That washi tape background looks fabulous with your pretty sunflower circles. I agree that gold is a neutral!

Macimbalo said...

Wow, I love this design! It's very eye catching!!!

Julia Aston said...

What a great collage with your multicolored layered washi tapes and the pretty gold embossed flowers! xx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I LIKE those flowers and that you embossed them! Wow, girl this is amazing! Honestly, I like both versions of your photos. Either one looks good to me!

cm said...

Smitten with your collage/artsy card, Vicki! Stylish!
hugs~c

Ina G said...

Oh Vicki this is my type of card - all grungy and the bonus of amazing layers and awesome colours. Love it!

Bobby said...

Love the backgrounds the flowers are embossed on, Vicki. Great mix of Washi tape. I have been trying to get better photos too. I don't usually stage mine since I don't have all the little things to do that. Since you asked, I prefer the cards laying down and without the frame.

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful card Vicki! What a great use of the challenge colors!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a creative use of the challenge colors! Your washi tape background is just fabulous, Vicki! And I love the gold embossed flowers.