Thursday, March 18, 2021

Seize the Birthday Challenge - A Sketch

I think this is a first since I have been with the STB Team that we have had a sketch.  What is so fabulous, is I LOVE IT!  A lot of my cards use this basic sketch - my "go-to" sketch, as I refer to it.

While the sketch doesn't specify card size, this also works awesomely for a mini slimline card.  Have I mentioned how I do adore this mini size - 3.5 x 6.5.  The larger slimlines don't impress me - the mini, I am all in!

I used some Inspired By Stamping images.  [I still am missing that company.  She had such amazing flower sets!]

Okay, that's it for me.  I hope the sketch inspires you, and you play along at Seize the Birthday Challenge.  [While the sketch is optional, being a birthday card is not.]



Thanks for stopping by~

15 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Pretty card there...and I love the mini size of it. Wonderful colors.

Carole said...

This is lovely!

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty flowers, this is wonderful!

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous colours - and colouring - of the flowers! Great choice to go mini-slimline with this.

Colleen said...

I think I like this size too! I know I like your flowers and the beautiful colors you used!

Cathy said...

Really pretty flowers, love the colours and the size looks great. I bought a couple of the regular slimline dies as the cards will fit DL easily purchased DL envelopes, yet to have a play though, Cathy x

Nancy said...

I think the large slimline's are too large too! I need to follow your lead and make them smaller! Perfect card for our sketch!

Barbara said...

I am so with you about the larger slimline cards. Too much ara to fill up. I love that you did this sketch in a mini slimline. I am pinning.

Leslie said...

Great sketch and beautiful card! Love the bright florals!

JoAnn said...

I too like the smaller slimline cards. Yours is beautiful. Love the pretty flowers. Great take on the sketch.

cm said...

Beautiful mini slimline, Vicki! Love your vibrant blooms!
It's been an honour to guest design with you and the team for the past two months! Thank you so much!
hugs~c

Ashwini Rao said...

Way to go! Your 'mini' slimline is just as good as the full size version. Love how clean your design is and the flowers that are so bright and vibrant..and that you've actually stuck to the complete sketch!

TaeEun said...

Great interpretation of the sketch in a mini slimline format, Vicki! Pretty CAS design and I love the pop of yellow!

shirley-bee said...

Love the mini slimline size! I love how all the white space makes those flowers pop.

Glenda J said...

Great that you made this into a slimline card! Great bold colours - thanks for your pretty CAS take on the sketch!