Thursday, October 1, 2020

STAMPlorations CAS Challenge


STAMPlorations Challenges are back and running!  I am now on the Anything Clean and Simple Challenge Team.  Since most of my cards are CAS, I figured I needed a team to play on :).  This works perfectly.

With my card today is an inspiration story.  Remember the terrible California fires back in September?  While walking my dogs one morning back then, the sun looked just like my card!  It was a completely gray sky [from the smoke], and a stunning, gorgeous, bright orange sun [again from the smoke]!  When I saw the twist of colors with this challenge, that sun came screaming back to me, and my card came to fruition.

I started by cutting the inside panel with the Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies. I cut out a circle in the center, and on a separate white scrap, I sponged on orange and red distress inks, and cut a circle out of that, and inlaid the "sun" into the panel. While I really wanted a Thinking of You sentiment [I looked and I don't have any from STAMPlorations] I went ahead and used one of the sticker sentiments from Spring Magic.  It also worked with the beautiful smoky sun :).

Okay,  now it is your turn.  Come on over to the STAMPlorations Blog and play in this fun challenge. [You can also read the rules to follow to be eligible for the $20 gift code prize] The colors are optional, being CAS is not.  You have all month to join in.

SIDE-NOTE - you can use my code STAMPGIRLVICKID to save 20% off your STAMPlorations purchase.


Thanks for stopping by~

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow, that pop of orange rocks! This is fantastic!