Saturday, April 24, 2010

Release Cards - Gina K

I made these 3 cards for the GKD release party the other night....that I missed. (bummer)  I wanted to share them anyway - these sets are so fun!  The first one is GKD Gifts From the Sea, illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger.  I stamped and sponged my images than I cut them out and mounted, after I sponged the background.  Fun fun stamps - anything beach is a winner in my book!








This fun card is from  GKD Quite a Catch - ya simply fall in love with these fun characters!  I colored these with copics, and used a Fancy Tag nestabilitie for the sentiment.









I mean seriously - check him out.. gotta love the lips~ LOL  I had so much fun with these images!














Theresa Momber ran a sketch challenge for the release night.  Once again, Gina is GIVING AWAY a stamp set from the new releases to the random winner!  The women rocks~~  The card to the right is my entry for that.  I also used GKD Vintage Backgrounds, illustrated by Nina Brackett for the polka dots.  I adore this set - polka dots and me ? - OH YEAH best buds! LOL

Well, I don't want to overwhelm you so I will stop for today.  Maybe I'll head to cyberland and comment on other blogs...  Thanks for leaving comments~~ they are appreciated..

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Great set of cards, Vicki :D Love the green fish with the pouty face LOL!

Joanne (jojot) said...

well...I for one am glad you shared them even if you did miss the party....as you know I love the sea, beach, shells, etc....so these speak to me...especially love the first one

Betty Wright said...

Vicki, this is too cute! Fabulous styles and beautifully done! That fish with the big lips reminds me of that movie where Don Knox was the fish or something. Are you old enough to even remember that one? I cannot remember the name of that movie! Goodness! Love your cards, girl!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my goodness Vicki. Wow. Look at all these fabulous creations. My what talent you have. I just love that "Quite a Catch" set. Cute cute. Love the layout on the second card.

Mary Marsh said...

love the gkd card set-they are all such cute images-my fav is your first one-using gifts from the sea-you created a great bg for the cut-out images

Edna Morrisedie said...

Such fun images and you have really captures the essence of the sea with these cards in a really fun way!

Peggy said...

My goodnes!! You are on a roll with a bunch of fabulous cards!

Julia Aston said...

what fun fun beach cards - all those underwater sea characters are so cute! what fun expressions!