Thursday, July 30, 2026

Just Us Girls Challenge #834 - CASE a DT Week


It's the fun time challenge for the Team.  We love seeing who inspires you to create your take!

I love bird cards, and this chubby guy makes me smile. [Dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs] I also used white pigment ink with an embossing folder [stamping/inking the panel first for even more interest].  I'm sure there is some name for this technique but it's eluding me at this time.

I am rather happy with this card - Do you ever make bird cards?  Feel free to CASE mine 😉.

Your turn. Come on over to JUGS #834, check out the Team cards, pick a DT, and CASE away!  Be sure to let us know who you chose.


Thanks for stopping by~

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty, Vicki! Love the interest the background adds!

TK said...

Very interesting techniques in the background! love your fat little bird too, he's just squishy-chubby and pretty. Idon'tmake birds cards often, but it eludes me to wny because I this 'em

Verna Angerhofer said...

I absolutely love the robin perched on the branch. The background for the card works perfectly as do the colors!

lichazul said...

Adorable , i like your card so much, congrats 💐☺️ happy weekend

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... so creative! So you stamped and distressed the background panel, then ran it through an embossing folder and touched it off with white pigment ink. Fabulous dimension. Great technique... and love the wee birdie as well.

Ina G said...

You are our layering Queen Vicki. This is stunning.

cm said...

Such a lovely layered card, Vicki - and yes, your paper bird (because I'm terrified of real ones!) is a delight!
hugs~c

Bobby said...

I love birds and any card with one on it is wonderful in my book, Vicki. I love that berry branch your chubby little guy perches on.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That little bird is just too cute! Love that background, too.

LeslieT said...

Oh so pretty! I love that chubby bird, too!