Friday, May 17, 2024

Different Sketches

I've been getting into kind of a sketch slump - my card layouts are are looking the same to me, so, I am joining in a couple of sketch challenges.

Let's start with Just Add Ink #702:

Here is the sketch;

 

Here is my card:

I am trying to use products that haven't seen the light of day for awhile.  Therefore, I used the fun [and naturally retired 😕] Cottage Cutz Nested Stitched Eyelet Rectangle set for the inner panels.

I grabbed my retired PTI Turning a New Leaf stamp set [with matching dies], and a sentiment from Altenew Label Love.  

======================================

I went on to use Freshly Made Sketches #636.  I really enjoy Cecile's sketches.  They are very inspiring to me. 

Here is their sketch:

Here is my card:

Again, using unused products, I grabbed some washi tape for the inner panel, and just matched card stock colors to that for the framing.

The sentiment is from Altenew's Watercolor Halftone.

Thanks Challenges - I so enjoyed the sketches~


Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

8 comments:

TK said...

Two great cards, I love them both! I adore the frame on the first, and how it sits all wonky; but the fun washi in the inspirational design is just perfect.

Chantell Randall said...

Follow the sketches is a great way to change up what you are creating. Both great cards - really love the pop of yellow and fancy frames. Chantell Just Add Ink

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great takes on the sketches! Both look amazing!

Rochelle Blok said...

Fabulous cards, Vicki! The eyelet rectangle die cuts give a soft and delicate look to your card and the yellow circles and foliage give a fabulous pop of colour. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

Lisa Elton said...

Two terrific cards, Vicki! I just has this PTI set out the other day!

Cécile RIBON said...

Two super creative takes on the sketches, Vicki! Thanks so much for joining in this week's FMS challenge.

wannabcre8tive said...

Both cards are beautiful. Love the design and colors on the first one.

Leslie said...

These are both striking! Great take on the sketches!