Thursday, April 25, 2024

Seize the Birthday Challenge #282 - Off the Edge

Fun challenge for sure.  Because I mail out 99% of my cards, I kept the off-the edge on the inner front portion. [I don't like cutting off to fit in the envelope.]  

I blended 3 Distress Oxide inks for the background panel.  On a separate panel I stenciled on the same colors, and then cut out the stars.

I used a sentiment from Woodware Craft, One Liners.

The stars looked a little boring, so I added some glitter to them.  

At least in this close up, you can see it.


Okay, your turn.  Come on over to Seize the Birthday Challenge and play along.  While off-the-edge is optional, being a birthday card is not.  Have fun.



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

The shimmery stars look amazing! Gorgeous design!

Mary Marsh said...

This is such a pretty birthday card Vicki- love the glittery stars- I think it makes for a great masculine card.

Colleen said...

Great way to make the star really shine! Awesome card, Vicki!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful design and layout. The colors are perfect together!

Barbara said...

The black edge on your card really gives it a lot of contrast and those stars really pop.

TK said...

This is terrific, Vicki, I love that your off-the-edge is contained but I'm also drawn to those fun-loving stenciled stars!

Linda said...

Awesome card, Vicki. That black just makes the blue pop. Have a great weekend.

Cathy said...

Love the stars overlaying that pretty border, great masculine card, Cathy x

Leslie said...

Love this! What a great design - especially loving the stenciled and glittered stars!

Lisa Elton said...

This is fun, I like the patterned stars!

JoAnn said...

Great card Vicki. I like your stars off the edge of the pretty scallop die cut.

shirley-bee said...

Brilliant interpretation of the challenge, Vicki! I love that your edge is internal, and I love the shimmery stars.