Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Just Us Girls Challenge #712 - Color Week

 
Because I have 2 DT Teams at the same time, I thought about combining them.  However, my commitments have dropped drastically and I need to create cards.  [It so gives me something to do].

I had created the focal layering [without] the background for this card but it needed something - so, out came the stencil.  I just adore the pattern of this stencil.

I have been creating tissue paper geli pulls - [can you say addicted?]  I scrunched up a piece, glued it to a tag base, and then ran some ink over the ridges.  It gives a very fun effect [I think] - I added some faux stitching, and a cut out stamped flower.  The tag was done.  I cut out the doily heart, added a sentiment, and this color week card was complete.  It's a busy card, but I am happy with the end result. I am also entering this into the Color Hues #80 challenge; red & pink.

Your turn!  Come on over to JUGS #712 and play along.  The gallery should be pretty with these colors.



Thanks for stopping by~

13 comments:

cm said...

How fabulous is your collage/mixed media style card, Vicki! The scrunched tissue paper pull is eye-catching; a pretty background for your cool flower. Love the effect of all the elements you've combined - and an inspired take on the colour challenge!
hugs~c

Verna Angerhofer said...

Love the Valentine design!

Carol said...

Eye-catching and colorful take on our challenge. I especially like that die cut heart!

I Card Everyone said...

SO cool, Vicki! and I love the creamy white here with that black stenciling and bright pink doily heart!
=]

*Vicki* said...

This is fabulous! I love the patterns and combination from the colors!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your artsy take on the colors this week! Awesome card!

TK said...

So many things to look at, this card is a delight no matter where you look!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love this graphic beauty! That tissue tag is very cool. That fun background looks like the background of a storefront in one of my grandson's senior pictures!

Ina G said...

Awesome collage here Vicki. Love it!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Such a great mixed media crd. I am totally intrigues with this tissue paper technique and hope I can make some time to try it out soon!! Great use of our colors!

JulieP said...

Fun, vibrant and wonderfull funky Vicki!!! I really love the blacks too. Thanks so much for playing with the Color Hues challenge!

Leslie said...

So fun! Love the faux stitching!

Bobby said...

I love the art deco look of the stenciling, Vicki, and all the wonderful layers you added to complete your valentine.