Friday, December 8, 2023

Shaker Plus

I have a small list of challenges that appealed to me.  Since I had time to play, I did!

Let's start with Just Add Ink #682; a Sketch, along with Time Out Challenges #253; Sparkly.

I literally was done with this card [45 min], laid it on my glass board - AND grrr there was ink on the glassboard, which naturally GOT ON MY CARD.  Sheesh - Can you say remake? When I went to bed, I decided I needed to change this card to a shaker.  So, I did that today, and because of the pretty "sparkly" shaker bits, this qualifies for the Time Out Challenge.  win-win.

I used my "won" Trinity Layered Pine Stencil Set to ink the tree.  I'm telling you, these layered stencils are very cool!  The end result is just fabulous.

 
 
------------------------------------------

I went on to join in a favorite challenge of mine, {PIN}spirational #308; red/green birthday, along with Simply Clean & Simple December Challenge; Anything Goes, Red & Green.

This month really is getting away from me.  Usually, I check my birthday card list the 1st of every month - pull the cards - date for mailing, and then [hopefully] get them mailed out in time.  Yeah, well that didn't happen, so I MISSED my great niece's milestone birthday.  [The inside will say sorry this is late.]  I'm so bummed I missed getting this to her on time.  But, I was able to make a red & green card for the challenges. So, there is that.

She is not foo foo at all, so a nice geometrical card works perfectly for her!

That's it for me today.  I might be back tomorrow as I have some fun ATC's to [make] share :).



Thanks for stopping by~

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific save on your first card and a fantastic shaker! I think your great-niece will love here card on time or not!

Diane said...

BOTH cards are beautiful and creative, what a great save on the first one, I love shakers and a clever design on the second one, I have to admit I am a bit addicted to the layered stencils myself!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple.
Diane SCAS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Simply Clean & Simple}

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome cards! I really like the shaker one especially!

TK said...

Oh man! I absolutely know all about getting ink from my glass mat! So sorry, but your remake is definitely pretty and a great shaker too!

Your fun geometrical card will be loved by your great neice, late or not , as I'm sure she just loves her mail any day of the week! Very fun card!

I Card Everyone said...

It was serendipitous, Vicki! It sure did want to be a shaker and it turned out beautifully!
Such a fun and fabulous 13th birthday card - I'm sure she was willing to continue the celebration, right?
=]

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... Fabulous sparkly shaker! Thank you for joining and sharing at Time Out this week. Happy Holidays!

ColourmehappyDi said...

I so sympathise with your ink-ciden, but it turned into a fabulous project. Love the shaker element. It's so clean as fresh but lots of lovely details. Thanks for playing along with our JAI sketch challenge, Vicki.
Diane, JAI

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing over at Simply Clean and Simple this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT

KraftiKards (my blog)
613 Avenue Create DT
AAA Birthday DT
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT
Love to Scrap DT
Love to Craft DT
Mix it up DT
Merry Little Christmas DT

Leslie said...

Very awesome designs on both of these! I'm always a sucker for a shaker so that would've worked for me too!

Leslie said...

Very awesome design on both of these! I'm always a sucker for a shaker so that would've worked for me too! And I bet your great niece loved her card even though it was late. I'm sure that happens more than we know!