Saturday, December 9, 2023

Red Cardinals

I do love the beautiful Red Birds that come out around this time of year [on cards].  Cardinals are my favorite bird ever!  I was thrilled to be able to use a couple of the lovely images from Gecko Galz. [Scroll through to find the Free Daily Images], and I am also entering this card into their December Challenge; Winter Elegance.
 
This card is pretty far out of my wagon wheel, but WOW, I'm loving this! The foliage, and faux snow, the layers, and of course that beautiful Cardinal -- yep I'm very happy with this card.

The sentiment is printed from my laser printer, and red foiled..  All the punched images are from Martha Stewart punches- seriously, 20+ year old tools!  They worked out perfectly.  Gotta love that.
 
----------------------------------------------
 
I went on to join in [another favorite] ATC Around the World Challenge #108; Winter Wonderland. I was so thrilled with my card, that I made a matching ATC.  This will make a great gift set for my neighbor!
 
I totally love how the faux snow makes this a Winter Wonderland!
 
Challenges - awesome!  Thanks so much.  I had a great time creating!
 


Thanks for stopping by~

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee are these ever fabulous! The epitome of wintery cards. Well done, Vicki!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those cards are so gorgeous! And so very elegant looking!

TK said...

SO gorgeous! Yes, cardinals are so beautiful and appear so distinguished. I love, love, love your card and ATC -- so perfect, even if you find it outside your wagon wheel!

I Card Everyone said...

Thanks, Vicki, for sharing this incredible image - I'd never heard of Gecko Galz and love the other free Cardinal images over at their blog!
Such an outstanding card - all the additions are perfection!
=]

Conny said...

Oh wow.. this is amazing! Really wonderful!
Thank you so much for joining us at ATC Around The World!

Hugs,
Conny

Becca S said...

Vicki: Thanks so much for accepting my invite suggestion to FarmQuest Country Christmas!!! I can't believe reading that this card's style is not normal for you! It's marvelous! Stunning! And the little coordinating ATC is just as wondrous! Winter wonderland at its loveliest! Beautiful projects! I hope you continue to craft country Christmas cards, gift tags, gift card/money holders, and/or package toppers throughout the year. And come back again until January 5th end date for #3. Merry Christmas 2023! --Becca

Leslie said...

These are gorgeous! The cardinal is my favorite bird, too!

Carole J said...

A stunning festive card and ATC, Vicki! I love the red cardinals too - I've never seen one in real life, but the images are gorgeous and you certainly did these free Gecko Galz ones justice :) The paint splattered snow and white die cuts are glorious and make your images pop.
Thank you so much for sharing your project at the Gecko Galz December blog challenge. x

Anke said...

WOW your card and the matching ATC are so beautiful, fantastic art, Vicki.

Hugs
Anke