Friday, November 17, 2023

Just Us Girls Challenge #706 - Photo/ Moodboard Week

 

I instantly picked up on the Cardinal.  My favorite bird ever!  

I got this awesome Honey Bee's, Lovely Layered Winter Birds die set this year.  I AM IN LOVE with this set!  I think this Cardinal is stunning.

I started with a textured coverplate panel [love the look of background texture], added some foliage behind him, added a sentiment, and this beauty is done.

Your turn!  Come on over to JUGS Challenge #706, and show us how the moodboard inspired you~



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

17 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so beautiful!

Leslie said...

Oooooh, another cardinal! So very pretty and super festive!

wannabcre8tive said...

I am loving this beautiful card. The bird is an eye catcher and the cover plate is so pretty.

wannabcre8tive said...

P. S. What company makes this cover plate?

TK said...

Your card is gorgeous, but Mr Cardinal is very stately! It is no wonder he's your (and quite a few others) favorite! Great use of the greenery and white to lift him right off that card

cm said...

Your card is stunning, Vicki! I can see why you love the cardinal die; it's fabulous!
hugs~c

Nancy said...

Love the cardinal on a red background. You would think he would get lost but he doesn’t. Great card!

nancy littrell said...

Stunning Cardinal and Love how you used a red cardstock for your cover plate background. TFS your beautiful Christmas card, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your cardinal is so majestic sitting against the leafy foliage! Great background, too!

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... another beautiful cardinal. I was saying to Lisa I don't see enough cardinals at Christmas and they are so perfect. I can't believe we have three on the DT!

Melissa Craig said...

LOVE the coverplate you used. So very cool!! The cardinal is beautiful. Honey Bee has some great images.

Carol said...

Another card with the popular cardinal from the moodboard! That stitched background is fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

He is pretty fabulous! Pretty card, Vicki!

Bobby said...

As you can see I agree with your choice of bird dies, Vicki. The white branches separate him from the red background beautifully.

*Vicki* said...

Wowzer! That cardinal is gorgeous!! Love the background design!

Lisa Kind said...

I love cardinals and this is just so pretty! It looks so real! And I really like how you added the bird on the foliage. Beautiful card.

Ina G said...

Love the bold red cover plate to show off that gorgeous cardinal. Great choice of elements to back him.