Friday, October 6, 2023

Just Us Girls Challenge #700 - Color Week

This is a color scheme that I love!  My card just came together, and I am thrilled with the end result!

It does help when you use awesome dies, that work perfectly with the colors. 😀 I used Simon Says Bountiful Sunflower - I am loving this new-to-me die.  I am also on a roll with a textured background [Kat Scrappiness Mini Slimline Quilted Backdrop Die].  I love the look of the texture without the distraction of stamping.

See that Hello [Dare2BArtzy; Hello]?  I used an extra thick embossing powder - totally forgot about this stuff. WHOA!  I am so impressed with the super thick, glossy end result.  I do like "finding" old products, and as the saying goes "using what I have"!]

Okay - I'm good.  Your turn - We hope you come on over and play along with JUGS #700As a celebration of our 700th challenge a few of the JUGS design team members are having a give-a-way!  For my prize, I am offering this fun Birthday Die.  [You do need to ALSO play in the challenge to be eligible for my prize.]

I'll be random drawing from the comments left here on my blog. [US only].  Good luck.  We will be announcing the winners over on the JUGS Blog with the Friday's post of Chic of the Week on October 13th.


Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

17 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome card with the big sunflowers!

Nancy said...

This is one gorgeous card, Vicki. The blue sunflowers was such a terrific idea. Nice prize as well.

Jeanne H said...

A beautiful card using the suggested colors. Love it.

I Card Everyone said...

Give me a great debossing cover plate and I'm a very happy crafter - this is just such a plate Vicki and you have added just the perfect backdrop for these fabulous die-cut Sunflowers! Aren't they gorgeous in these colors? Wow!
=]

Bonnie said...

What an awesome card, Vicki! I LOVE these sunflowers and that quilted background! A beautiful fall card!

Lisa Elton said...

I have loved this from the moment I saw it on the team blog! Beautiful, Vicki!

Carol said...

Great bold card!

ElizStewart said...

Vicki...gorgeous sunflowers...so fall! Congrats on the 700th!

TK said...

Wow! This card is absolutely stunning with your bold flowers and color use!

Johanna said...

Blue sunflowers, who would have thought it? Great card and design.

Cindy Beach said...

I love this so much! Yes, blue sunflowers, indeed.

Bobby said...

Those sunflowers give a cheerful look as they spill across your card, Vicki.

Ina G said...

Jawdropping gorgeous Vicki. So bright and beautiful in Lisa's colours.

dj said...

What a beautiful sunflower card!! 700 challenges!! How exciting!! It has been so fun to play along with the JUG team over the last 14 years...so many fun challenges...thank for all the great inspiration!! I celebrate with you!!

cm said...

The big sunflowers + quilted background = a gorgeous card! I love everything about this!
hugs~c

JoAnn said...

Pretty card with those lovely sunflowers. They make a lovely slimline card, especially the blue ones. :)
Congrats on the 700th challenge at Just Us Girls.

Leslie said...

Totally love this! Sunflowers are my favorite flower!