Sunday, September 10, 2023

MFT Superstar Contest & Inkspirational Challenge #298

Hey everyone.  For today's post, I created a card for the My Favorite Things 2023 CAS Superstar Contest.  While I would love to win [the competition is fierce!], playing along is fun too.

Everything I have from MFT, at this point, is retired.  However, I read the rules, and retired products work so YAY!  I used Greenery Die-namics, Fishtail Frames, and the flowers are from Desert Bouquet [with matching die-namics]

The sentiment was from My Favorite Sentiments, that I stamped and embossed with white, on vellum.  I like my layered CAS card -- Let's hope MFT does too~

-----------------------------------------------

I went on to join in the Inkspirational Challenge; #298 Moodboard.  [My favorite type of challenge!]


When I saw the moodboard, that fuchsia pink jumped right out to me!  Here is my card:

I used a MFT mask, Rectangle Extraordinaire, sponged on 3 lovely colors of ink, removed the mask, and stamped Woodware's, Gardenia, using Versafine Black Ink. [LOVE this stuff!]

The sentiment is from one of Simon Says Sentiment Strips.  I am rather in love with this card.... 😉

Thanks Challenges.  Quite the awesome day - I do love being creative!



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two fantastic cards, Vicki!! Good luck at MFT!!

TK said...

Both cards are wonderful! Love all the layers on your first card, each layer has its own personality and work beautifully with each other. Your second card is stunning in color, and so gorgeous with the bold white frame and bold & beautiful colors as a backdrop for your outline bouquet.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards are wonderful!

I Card Everyone said...

Best of luck winning at MFT, Vicki - your card is just darling -I love that bit of 'fish net' behind your fun sentiment!
I do love a good moodboard - this one is fantastic! So is your gorgeous Gardenia and beautifully blended fuchsia rectangle!
=]

cm said...

Vicki, your CAS card is soooo pretty! Lots of white, texture and perfectly placed floral pops of colour. Fingers crossed for a big win! Your second card: swoon! Love the bright, seamlessly blended fushia background; a wonderful stage for your gardenia. Thrilled to see you in the Inkspirational gallery; thank you for joining us!
hugs~c

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki! Wonderful take on our INkspirational challenge; thanks for joining us!

*Vicki* said...

Wow Vicki! Your top card is stunning! I love your attention to your layout details! Best of luck and fingers crossed to win! Your second card is gorgeous with that large bloom! Love the colors!

Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, both of them! I'm sure you'll be a winner at MFT! ;)

MFT Kim said...

Such a pretty card!