Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Two More Challenges Plus

I got a set of amazing stamps in yesterday, and had to play with them!  Simon Says Monday Challenge was a pretty easy challenge; Happy Birthday, and Simply Clean & Simple [a new challenge to me] CAS with an option of outdoors.

The new set I got? Tim Holtz Bold Botanicals.  WOW!  These are such amazing images!  I love this set.  I stamped the image in Versafine Onyx Black, and used clear embossing powder to set the image.  For the coloring I used my Copics.  Did you know that you can not use Copics with Versafine unless it is embossed?  [A little FYI for you]

I embossed the background panel for added texture, [which probably puts it out of the "CAS" qualifier for Simply Clean & Simple's Challenge, but, there is a lot of "black space" so I'm going with it].  The sentiment is computer generated on my laser printer, and turquoise foiled through my laminator.

As I was looking at these images, I realized they will work for ATCs.  I really wanted to play with all the images so I made these.

There is also a stunning rose, but I didn't like the way I colored it so I trashed that one, but kept these.  The perfect size!  I'm going to enter these into the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #240; A is for ATC again today.

Interestingly enough, these are also stamped with Versafine, [You really won't find a better stark black ink] but I let these dry - 30+ minutes, and the Copics worked okay.  They do do better with it being embossed though.  Just sayin.

That's it for me today.  I had fun playing with my new stamps, and joining in the fun challenges!



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

15 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow! So many beautiful blooms here! Love the texture on the top card!

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee, that is a great set! You've worked your magic with it too, Vicki. Your card is fabulous and I love your ATCs!

martina's kaartjes said...

wonderful cards !
greetings
martina

Diane said...

Your card and your ATC's are gorgeous!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple.
Diane SCAS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Simply Clean & Simple}
{Triple B}

Tee said...

Wow. Gorgeous makes! Big bold and beautiful!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and equally beautiful ATCs as well. I love the image and gorgeous colors!

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a fabulous card, love that big and bold image! Thanks for sharing with us at Simply CAS!

Online GRE Exam said...

beautiful cards

JulieP said...

I didn't know you were an ATC queen. Another amazing set!!! Thanks so much for playing with the Sisterhood, Vicki!

Dotty Jo said...

fabulous ATCs, Vicki! thanks for playing with the sisters, Jo x

TK said...

Bold Botanicals made Beautiful! Really pretty ATCs

Barb Finnical said...

So striking and pretty!

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this image and you have done a beautiful job with it. Love the blue with black. I think all of them look good, but blue is my fav.

Leslie said...

Just gorgeous botanicals on these ATCs (swoon) and card! Love, love, love!

baileyrosy.com said...

I have that embossing folder and the stamps from Mr. Holtz and I have to say you have used them beautifully together.I have yet to ink up the stamps but you have inspired me to give them a go. they look amazing as ATC's also.

Marie