Monday, August 7, 2023

Two Challenges

I found another couple of challenges that sparked my interest.  The first one was Less is More #489 - One Layer [with a inspiration photo], and the other one...an ATC challenge over at Sisters of the Snarky Stampers #240

Let's get to it~ I'm starting with the one layer card.  I went back a few years [7] and found this interesting layout for a OL.  [JM comes through again].  I really like it!

I used a couple of retired Hero Arts sets.  That bfly is one I will never sell!  I love that set and have had it probably 28 years!

------------------------------------------------

Okay, on to the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers with my ATCs.  I so love making these fun mini cards.  What do I do with them? Ha!  Not much, but they do work really awesome for a hanging tag off my suitcase when I travel.

I started with some resist stamping, water colored over the top of it, added some stamping and splatters. For some added pop, I use some Nuvo Gilding Gold Flakes.  While this stuff does make a mess, I do love the end result!

Once all that was dry, I ripped some stashed paper, adhered it and then stamped and fussy cut a flower from Gina K Watercolor Flowers Stamp Set.  [This set has a matching die set, I just don't have it. 😔]

The sentiments are from my hand held label maker.  I love this type of label for an ATC - it just works.

Okay, that's it for today.  Thanks Challenges - I had a fun time!



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

14 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous projects!!
Thanks for playing along with Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is pretty and I like what you did with the sentiment. I need to remember that! You always make the best ATC cards! Fabulous work, Vicki!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards are beautifully designed and have great messages.

*Vicki* said...

That butterfly card is amazing! I absolutely love how you've done the sentiment! Loving the stunning background with your ATCs too!

Tee said...

Beautiful card! And your ATC's are always gorgeous!

JulieP said...

Wow Vicki!!! These are gorgeous. I love the bold colors and attention to detail. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Sisterhood!

Dotty Jo said...

Such a beautiful selection of creations! Jo x

TK said...

Again, wow! LOVE the butterfly and it's easy to see why you would never rid of it, plus the repeat sentiment is always fun!
As for your ATC??? Wow! Love the colors, the fun, the textures -- well ALL of it, really!

Kathyk said...

Popped across from the LIM challenge to admire your fab entry but found there were two glorious makes - lovely

Kathyk

baileyrosy.com said...

Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic card with us at LIM, love how you did the sentiment and that butterfly is gorgeous. The ATCs are glorious and a great idea for your suitcase so original.

Marie

LeAnne said...

Love that butterfly card! What a clever idea to do the multiple stamping in lighter hues to create the background! Beautiful!

Laurie Unger said...

Yep, that butterfly is a keeper - wonderful one-layer card.
Thanks for playing over at LIM.

Leslie said...

Wow, totally diggin' these ATCs! You know how I love them and I don't trade them, either, LOL! And your card with the butterfly is just gorgeous!

perfectly4med said...

Wow - super makes. The colour scheme on your butterfly card is a great choice from our inspiration photo and love the 'layering' without layers. Fab CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Less is More.
Neil