Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge

I made a card for one of my DT teams, and when I went to "store it" on my computer, I realized, I had already made a card for the challenge I was working on!  Sheesh.  However, it worked out okay since Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is all about Bright and Cheerful.  I'm thinking this card fills the bill.

I love including a tag [Tim Holtz Sizzix Framelits TAG COLLECTION Wafer Thin Die Set] on a card for a mini present.  I did some water color smooshing, and then ran it through an embossing folder.  I used a Spellbinder Feather Die with vellum, and sponge inked it for a transparent color.

Rather then making the card base too busy, I grabbed some washi tape and did 3 strips.  [Always feels great when I use an unused product] The sentiment is from Pink Fresh Studio, Perfect Sentiments and the matching dies.

I hope this is "bright and cheerful" enough - but either way, I had fun making it!  Thanks SS Wednesday.



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card, Vicki! I like the smooshed/embossed tag!

TK said...

This is definitely bright and cheery, and love the colors -- so great for a masculine card, however it could easily be a card for anyone. Love the use of the smooshed tag and washi

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great layout and a beautiful tag!

*Vicki* said...

Wow, this is such a beauty! I love how you've done your tag including the texture!

Leslie said...

VERY awesome card! Love the background on that tag! I'm getting caught up on my commenting and didn't realize how freakin' far behind I was, lol! I'm on it! :D