Friday, August 11, 2023

Just Us Girls Challenge #692 - Word Week

It's been a minute since I used a bee on my card.  I knew I had the perfect stamp though.  Dare 2B Artzy BEEtiful, has the cutest little bee!  Dare 2B Artzy Shine also had a great flower to use on my background.

I actually did some masking on this card, something I rarely do.  Using the matching flower die, I cut some masking tape shapes, and laid it on my card.  [I do not like the placement of these flowers - I really struggle with a balanced card!] I sponged on some ink to cover the panel, removed the masks, and then realigned the flower stamp and stamped. I colored with Copics. 

Last steps, I outlined the flowers with a gray [faux shadowing] and to downplay the stark white outline of the die, and added some white splatters.  Yep, folks, this a one layer card.

Okay, your turn.  Come on over to the JUGS Challenge #692 and play along!  It should "bee" a fun gallery. 😉



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

14 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card with the bees and flowers! Great sentiment too!

Carol said...

Your colors are great and that sentiment is too!!!! Nice masking!!!!!!!!!

*Vicki* said...

The masking really brought this to life with that gorgeous background! Love that sentiment too!

Bobby said...

I saw the wonderful dimension the gray outline gave even before you mentioned it, Vicki. The blue background really makes the flowers pop.

Nancy said...

Love those flowers and background, Vicki! What a fabulous sentiment too! Nailed it!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a whole lot of fabulous!!

Greta said...

I'm impressed with your masking! Wonderful BEE card!

TK said...

I LOVE the layout, the fabulous colors and fun design. Your bees and flowers are a great way to add joy to your inspirational card

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is beautiful! Your background and masking are amazing. Love the gray outline really giving those flowers so much depth.

cm said...

Beautiful flowers; realistic buzzing bees; a bee-themed, encouraging sentiment...these all add up to an absolutely lovely card!
hugs~c

Ina G said...

Stunning Vicki. So colourful. Super sentinent.

Lisa Kind said...

I love your card! It’s so bright and fun! Cute bees too!

Leslie said...

Great card! Love those flowers and bees!

baileyrosy.com said...

Stunning! I love the background and it looks amazing with those gorgeous flowers. the addition of the bees gives great dimension.

Marie