Friday, June 16, 2023

Just Us Girls Challenge #684 - Photo/Moodboard Week

It's my choice for the weeks challenge.  I went with a photo inspiration this time.  As usual, I have a tendency to "copy" the photo.  I guess, it is still being inspired by it.

I have had these cute [unbranded] houses for a few years - I think I have used them maybe 2 times.  That said, they were the perfect die for this inspired card.

I used a mini card base, sponged on "sand" and "sky" for the background on a separate panel, and then adhered the tiny houses, and stamped a sentiment.  It was a fun card to make.

How are you inspired? Many different directions this photo could lead you to.  Come on over to the JUGS #684 Challenge and play along!  I can't wait to see the gallery.



Thanks for stopping by~

13 comments:

TK said...

Adorable beach houses, and terrific ink blending! Love your beachy feel, and I'm right there basking in the sun and getting lost in my thoughts.

*Vicki* said...

What a gorgeous beach scene you've made and a great take on the photo!

Carol said...

In your card I see the nice houses on the beach on the way up the coast of California where there is a neighborhood of just maybe 15-20 houses with beachfront property. Great colors and idea!!!!

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... love the sky which could so easily be seen as ocean waves!

I Card Everyone said...

I sure wish we could all gather together in your sweet little beach houses for a little crafty getaway, Vicki!
You captured that photo perfectly!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great interpretation of the photo and a beautiful card!

Nancy said...

I think you absolutely nailed the photo! Great card and photo this week, Vicki!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Fabulous beachy scene with your awesome beach cottages! Love the sand and sky! Great choice with the photo for this week's challenge.

Bobby said...

Glad you finally had a chance to use those dies, Vicki. They made cute cabanas.

Ina G said...

Fabulous beach scene Vicki. Those clouds look amazing and love the sponged sand - so realistic.

cm said...

A charming take on the photo, Vicki! Your beach houses are super cute!
hugs~c

Lisa Kind said...

Great challenge this week. You had the perfect die set for it. Love your card!

Leslie said...

Amazing beach card! I totally love it!