Friday, June 16, 2023

A Few Challenges - 1 new

I am retired.  That said, I am so thankful for this hobby.  If you are also retired, you get it - IMO it is really important to have a hobby [in retirement].  Going shopping [in my 30/40's] was my hobby then.  Now, I need nothing - why spend money just to spend money?  This hobby is perfect for this stage of my life -- I have acquired many products [haven't we all!], yes, some most, might be retired, but they all still work and I get to use my brain creating fun cards. Without this hobby, I have to admit - I would be bored senseless! I'm just sharing a little gratitude for this hobby. 😀 

--------------------------------------

Okay, you all are wanting to see my card.  I am joining in over at Freshly Made Sketches #590, and Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Lots of Layers, and lastly, a new [to me] challenge called Sparkles Monthly Challenge #165; No Stamping

I was organizing some drawers in my stamp room, and came across some ephemera that I have had for years.  Well, hello, let's use it! 

 

Thanks Challenges!

I do adore stripes on cards, the sketch was perfect, I am totally into lots of layers, and no stamping...oh yes please.  Overall - a fabulous morning!



Thanks for stopping by~

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

You always create the best layout designs on your projects, Vicki! I love this and your combination of colors! Brilliant take on the sketch too!

I completely agree with you about this hobby! While my husband worked and I stayed home, I needed this hobby to fill my days. I thought when he retired that I wouldn't "need" it anymore...well, now I realize how much I still need it to fill days when we're not busy. LOL I also agree about the "old/retired" items as well! I love using everything! Keep on crafting my friend!

Glennis F said...

I am with you in retirement, super card too

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the clean and modern feel of this great color block design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card design and wonderful colors! I’m glad I took up the card making hobby so that I can enjoy it in my retirement. It is my happy place!

I Card Everyone said...

I love it when I see other crafters using what they have! and YOU have some pretty cool things, Vicki!
LOve your graphic and colorful card today using that fun ephemera!
=]

baileyrosy.com said...

Vicki so glad that you joined us at Sparkles with this amazing card. I love the bold graphic design and amazing colours they all work so beautifully together. We are so fortunate to have this amazing hobby which not us brings us joy but also to so many other people who receive something handmade.

Marie

Kim S said...

I love your fun card - the fabulous cards, the eye-catching sentiment and the bold arrow!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Leslie said...

Very awesome card! I, too, love it when 'find' something I forgot I had! We DO have an amazing and fun hobby!

TK said...

Very cute card, and an adorable way to say thank you! And I actually HAVE the same Thanks die!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! I just love those fun, bright colours and I really love that tag! Just fantastic! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Your colorful graphic design is wonderful! Love the tag idea! Glad you joined us at FMS!

dorsetdawndesigns said...

I like the colours you have chosen and it's always nice to use up scraps. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Dawn S DT x