Monday, June 12, 2023

A Few Challenges

I had some time, got some interesting email challenges, and decided to play along!

I'm starting with Cut It Up #279; Tag.  This is a new challenge for me.  Since I do love making tags, it was right up my alley! - WON TOP CUT! :)

I used my favorite "sunglasses" along with a fun pair of flip flops.

The sentiment is from IBS - (OOB)

By adding the tag to a card base, I end up with a CAS card using the theme from AAA Cards #242; Everything Beach. [I am so about beachy stuff :)]

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I went on to join in Simon Says Monday Challenge; Masculine, Less is More #485; Black & Light Purple, and finally, CAS on Friday #259; Leaves.

I ran the light purple panel through my cutter, using an embossing pad so the die didn't cut, but embossed the image.  I cut out a black panel, and laid it over the top of the light purple panel.  A much easier way then trying to inlay all those crazy small pieces!

I added the sentiment on a round panel rather then a strip sentiment.  I thought the circle looked good with the background image.

Thanks Challenges!  I had so much fun creating both these projects.



Thanks for stopping by~

14 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

I love your flip flop tag it's frigging amazing, the leaves are pretty cool (shame they're purple though). I don't like purple but it is still really effective.

Kathyk said...

Popped across from LIM, to admire your colour themed make (which is lovely btw) but was also greeted by your other totally super makes - cracking post

Kathyk

baileyrosy.com said...

Two fabulous creations. How did you manage to get so much lovely detail on that small tag? I love it. The purple-black card is so bold and dynamic and just perfect for our challenge at LIM. Thank you so much for playing along. Just another question do you ever sleep? So many fabulous cards I can't keep up with you.

Marie

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards are awesome! Great challenge entries!

I Card Everyone said...

Vicki, such a fun tag with so many great elements = LOve that sentiment, and your awesome flip-flops!
A VERY clever way to fill the gaps in that die, my friend! Kudos to you!
=]

Carol said...

Fun tag Vcki!

TK said...

Beautiful purple panel, and bold black frame -- very pretty card all highlighted against the white. Thank you for the technique instead of in-laying all those pieces, now if I can just remember it!

Gerda said...

What a super cute and fun tag!! Love all the details you used!! And your card is gorgeous!! Love them both!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

*Vicki* said...

Wow! Those sunglasses are so cool! Both of these makes are amazing Vicki!

Lynne said...

Beautiful cards Vicki. The black and purple is stunning, thank you for the tip of embossing rather than cutting the base layer. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.

Larelyn said...

Your tag is just so much fun! Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Tag challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Leslie said...

These are amazing projects! I'm late commenting and noticed that you were a Top Cut too over at Cut It Up! Congrats!

Helen said...

Wow! Such a wonderfully eye-catchng card Vicki! I love the impact from the embossed backgrouond panel! A great design - simple yet super impact! Thanks so much for sharing with us at LIM Challenge. Have a good day!:)

Perfectly4med said...

Super beach card, love the textures you've achieved and the shading you have used. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards.
Neil