Friday, May 12, 2023

Just Us Girls Challenge #679 - Word Week

Perfect timing once again!  My husband's grandson is getting married in July.  Now, I don't need to stress over getting the card made!  Yay.

When I receive wedding invites, if possible, I like to somehow incorporate something from the invite.  They made it so easy for me - the background vellum [on my card] was in the invite!  Everything else was designed around that.

I used some stickers I had, and a sentiment strip from Simon Says. Yep, I am good with this one.

Your turn!  I'm looking forward to seeing what the gallery entries look like for this challenge!  You can upload your card over on the JUGS #679 Challenge.


Thanks for stopping by~

15 comments:

Carol said...

So pretty and perfectly in the style with the wedding!!! Love those pink and gold hearts in the center!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card for the girls!

Leslie said...

Awesome wedding card! Love all those elements! Aren't clear stickers fun?!

Claire said...

Another stunner Vicki - all those wonderful layers and pink and gold is such an elegant combo for a wedding card!

I Card Everyone said...

Vicki, I do the same thing! But never have I ever received a wedding invitation with as gorgeous a slip of vellum I've ever seen!
Beautifully done - the stickers have that same vellum look!
=]

*Vicki* said...

Oh my this is really stunning! I love that you've incorporated the vellum from the invite into this! Such a cool idea!

Lisa Elton said...

That beautiful vellum was a great jumping off point! Love the layers, this is fabulous!

Ina G said...

Fabulous and full of great elements.

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... so very sweet!

Bobby said...

What a fantastic idea, Vicki. My granddaughter's wedding isn't until October so no invitation yet but if it includes something I can add to a card I will definitely make a different one. I have several family members who just got engaged so wedding cards are in my future.

Nancy said...

I could not love this anymore! Fabulous job!

wannabcre8tive said...

A very beautiful card and I love that you used the vellum from the invitation. A great idea. The gold heart really pops with the pink ones.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so pretty! I love everything about this from the hearts down to the background and love how you incorporated the invitation into this creation. They are going to love it!

cm said...

Your card is stunning, Vicki. So many lovely layers and details. This one needs a frame!
hugs~c

Lisa Kind said...

What a cool idea! I love your card and how you used that pretty vellum. Beautiful card!