Sunday, January 15, 2023

Returning to a Past

Yesterday, I was looking for a reason to create.  My list of challenges isn't all that long, and I have a lifetime supply of stashed cards, but stamping really is my lifeline and I need to continue to do it! That said, I popped over to Splitcoast Stampers.  They run weekly daily challenges.  There I go!  I can join back in those challenges!

I am starting with the Featured Stamper Challenge.  It was always one of my favorites.  I used Kate's card HERE.  I am always drawn to dots and pretty flowers.

I used the Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower stamps and dies for the Copic colored flower, and an unbranded leaf die cut for the leaves.

My sentiment is from Poppy Stamps Art Deco Inspiration. (It was still on my desk from my last post).

=======================================

I was so inspired, I went ahead and joined in on the Sketch 940 Challenge too.  It was a basic sketch, and yeah, it worked out well for me!

I used the colors from Color Throwdown #725; red, green, brown to complete the sketch.

I water colored the image from Altenew's Blossom & Bloom stamp set.  The sentiment is from Memory Box Signature Greetings.

I think I will try and play along in a few of the SCS daily challenges.  They have great challenges, and a few I am really interested in.



Thanks for stopping by~

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two pretty cards, Vicki! Love the way that yellow bloom pops off the black and white!

Leslie said...

Both of these are gorgeous! I'm such a fan of florals!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards are both so beautiful! It is always nice finding inspiration! I am tending more to working in steps these days. While I had my stamp sets out I stamp multiple images so I can color layer on.

Broni said...

Great cards, Vicki! LOVE the one for our Color Throwdown challenge!! Thanks for playing!