Friday, January 6, 2023

Just Us Girls Challenge #661 - Color Week

WELCOME TO 2023 with the JUGS Challenge!  As you can see, we have updated our graphic [thanks Nancy Leppek!], and we have also changed up the challenges.  We kept some, and replaced some.  [You can see the new challenge line up over on the Just Us Girls Challenge blog

Meanwhile, we did [obviously] keep the color challenge.  I missed a couple of Christmas cards needed, so rather then make that type of card, I went with a New Year card.

While this doesn't look navy, it really is.  [Once again, 2023 goal is working on my photography and getting colors more accurate!]  I used Kat's Scrappiness products; Mini Slimline Scalloped Edge Die, Mini Slimline Double Stitch Die, Condensed Numbers Dies, and lastly, Wine Not Dies.

You can see the navy here much better - yay.  I used a strip from Simon Says Sentiment Strip Reverse Holiday to finish off the card.  I am also entering this into the Simon Says Monday Challenge, Light Up the New Year.

Okay, your turn!  Come on over to the JUGS Challenge and play along!  Start the new year right! 😉


Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support! !

14 comments:

Leslie said...

Gorgeous! Love all those dies you used!

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... hope you sent this beautiful card out! Thanks again for everything... thrilled to be on the team for another year!

*Vicki* said...

Such an awesome slimline card Vicki! I love the texture in the background and the large number sentiment!

Carol said...

Fun and festive!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Nice Happy New Years card! I guess that was one I skipped and just added in the Christmas cards!

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful layering of fun die cuts with that pretty embossed background!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun way to wish a Happy New Year! Terrific card, Vicki!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love this mini slimline! Very cool embossed background, so perfect for the beautifully shaded numbers. Great design!

Bobby said...

Great card to ring in the new year, Vicki.

JulieP said...

Such a gorgeous background and love the ombre numbers!

Nancy said...

This is an awesome card, Vicki! I adore it. Well done!

cm said...

Your colours come through perfectly from my viewing point. Such a wonderful New Year's card; love the die cuts/embossing/layering!
hugs~c

Ina G said...

Big bold and beautiful Vicki. Fabulous in blue tones but I am thinking that wine would go down nicely hehe

Lisa Kind said...

Happy New Year! What a great card! Love how you used the colors on the numbers.