Friday, July 29, 2022

Just Us Girls Challenge #643 - Wild Card Week

I always enjoy this type of challenge.  I'll be honest, a lot of my cards, while maybe not CASED, are definitely inspired by other stampers!

For my card today, I am choosing Cécile Ribon, one of the JUGS Team members.  Every week I am impressed with her cards, and I adore her CAS style. Since I have been on a CAS roll for a few weeks now, she is my muse.  I chose THIS CARD.

I used a really old [20 years?] Stampin Up stamp.  I inked it with oxide ink, spritz with water, and stamped.  [On a side note, I plan on going through ALL my old stamps, and re-organize them so I WILL USE THEM!  Golly, I have some really nice images that haven't seen the light of day in eons!] Considering I used regular card stock [over water color paper], I was happy with the result.

The thicker branch die is from Sizzix Big Greens, and the other one is ??? - we'll just say unbranded [since I have no idea!].  The HB is from [no surprise] a discontinued Happy Little Stampers set, Doodled Flowers.

Okay, your turn!  Come on over to JUGS Challenge #643 and play along!  I look forward to seeing who you CASE.



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. Thanks for the support!

11 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Fabulous creation! I love Cécile's work as well! I love that she is on this team.

*Vicki* said...

Your card turned out beautiful! Really love the colors and I think it's so awesome that you've used a 20 yr old stamp!! WOWZER! I love your CASE!

Leslie said...

Great use of color on that CAS card! Love it!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design! Some of those old ones still make beautiful cards.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love how you used some really old stamps to create this beauty! Great choice of designers to CASE, too!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the red, white and blue and your marvelous CASE of Cecile's card!

Bobby said...

Cecile is definitely an inspiration and you did a great job CASEing her style and card, Vicki.

Carol said...

Your card does have the Cécile touch! Great take on her designs!

Nancy said...

I love this! Great CASE!

Ina G said...

Love your 'case' of Cecile's card Vicki.

cm said...

You've certainly made this 'old' stamp the star of the stage in casing Cecile's card. Your take is awe-mazing! CAS looks good on you! LOVE this, Vicki!
hugs~c