Friday, July 15, 2022

Fun Challenges

My favorite challenge came to my email, and naturally, I had to join in!  A Tiny Craft (ATC) #11 - Dogs & Cats.  I also started with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #544.

While creating this ATC, I also added in 2 elements from Just Add Ink #612; Fur, Clouds,Stitching.  I chose clouds [very subtle on the base background], along with stitching.  I really enjoy sewing on my projects and it works perfectly on ATCs.

Everything I used on this project is unbranded [or in other words, unknown] - but, they came together in a fun way, and I am happy with the end result!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After I got done with the above, I went on to join in the July CAS Christmas Challenge; Santa.  As fast as this year is going, I don't want to get caught panicking for lack of cards come Christmas.  Plus, Christmas in July has been around for lots of years.  Both are good reasons for playing!

Even though this guy [Simon Says Gnome Die] doesn't have the "normal" Santa look, I use him as a gnome Santa every year - that said, I hope he qualifies.  

My sentiment is from the Gina K Designs Holiday Sentiments and matching dies.

 

That's it for today.... WINNER TOP PICK!

Thanks Challenges I had fun!



Thanks for stopping by~

14 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Loving that background for ATC design! The two tiny tags are so cute! Your CAS Christmas is super cute with that gnome too!!

Leslie said...

These are both awesome, and nope, it's never too early to start on those Christmas cards!

Barb Ghig said...

Your Gnome definitely qualifies for our Santa Challenge, Vicki! He's super cute and I love your choice of patterned papers! Love the panel of hexies in the background, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas! Barb xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the rich colors on the first card and that you used tags to display the cat silhouette. And that is a neat gnome card too!

Barbara Godden said...

Both are great, Awesome use of the sketch for the ATC, love the colours and background, stitching and of course there is a kitty on it!! Thanks for being a #1 fan of A Tiny Craft challenge.

Celeste Goff said...

Two absolutely awesome cards! Love the background on the first one and how clean and simple the second one is!

Kerry Parkinson said...

Great ATC Vicki - the bold B&W tags stand out brilliantly against your colourful background. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Kim S said...

I love your black kitty on all of the wonderful patterns and textures!!! Such a fun contrast to the charming little gnome on the CAS background! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Loll said...

Your Christmas gnome is awesome, Vicki! I love the mix of patterened paper. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas. Your ATC is fabulous! Such a cool design and love that stitching! xx

Donna said...

That cat ATC - amazing!!! Love the silhouette!
And the gnome...ack I adore that die!!!!
Thanks for joining us at A Tiny Craft {ATC} for our Cats and Dogs challenge!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a fabulous artsy design, Vicki! I love the black and white tags and the amazing background. Your Chrsitams card is delightful, too. Thanks so much for joining in the party at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Chantell Randall said...

Fun cards. Your cat card is very striking - I love how vibrant and bold it is. The stitching is such a fun and tactile element. Chantell Just Add Ink

Christine Alexander said...

Love this little Christmas Santa gnome, he's such a cutie :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

ElizStewart said...

You are on a roll Vicki! Great win at CAS Christmas!