Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Playing in Challenges

I got a few emails with challenges that interested me.  So, I'm playing along.

First off, Less is More #466 - Masculine.  This is an easy one for me!  Most of my cards are for guys.

I really like these floating type of cards.  Using the colors makes it a masculine card. I used Tim Holtz Slim Leaves Die, glued the cuts onto a piece of acetate, and cut out a rectangle using some stitched rectangle dies.

My Happy Birthday is actually a FOILED sentiment.  Yeah, I really need to use that machine more!  It does rather class up the card.  I love the font of this too.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I went on to play in the AAA Birthday #38 - Flowers, and Simon Says Wednesday; Bright & Cheerful.

I used one of the oldest dies I have for these fun flowers.  [Seriously, 20+ years old!]  Lordy, but I can not give away dies -- they are timeless.

I matched them up with a [new to me] HB die from Lawn Fawn.  It's so fun!  I also love that it's all connected.  Makes it so much easier to place on a card!

That's it for today. Thanks Challenges - I had fun!



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I might have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a FUN design on your first card and so perfect for a guy! Your floral card is charming. Love them both!

Leslie said...

Awesome cards with great color palettes! You are the master of masculine!

Denise Bryant said...

Great cards! I really love the colorful flowers and the Happy Birthday sentiment!
I followed the link to the HB die and it's from Avery Elle! I wondered if you'd only used part of Lawn Fawn's 'HB to You' die and just trimmed of the 'to you' part....

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the fun cards you have made! So bright and beautiful with the cheerful colors!

nancy littrell said...

Two gorgeous cards for very different challenges...Love them both Vicki. Your floating guy birthday card is so clever and creative, my friend. I loved your color combo and foiled birthday sentiment too. Your 2nd birthday card makes your old and loved die cut flowers in mod color look so creative modern. TFS both...Love and hugs..Nancy

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Both cards are awesome, Vicki. I am so in love with your masculine card for Less Is More. Absolutely fabulous. I love the floating pieces. I love the colors. I love the foiled sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful creation with us at Less Is More.

Kathyk said...

Popped across from LIM to admire your splendid masculine make but your other make is lush too

Kathyk

Helen said...

These birthday cards are delightful, Vicki. Your designs are a great way to use up scraps to make colorful cards. tfs-stay well.

Jane said...

Love the bold and vibrant colours of your flowers. Brilliant card! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Celeste Goff said...

Two fabulous cards Vicki!!

Jane.D said...

Such great cards, I love them both! Love the floating elements and the use of colours on the first card! On the second card I love the colourful flowers against the black and white, so pretty! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday! Hope to see you in future challenges too! Take care and keep crafting!

perfectly4med said...

Super masculine card for our challenge - the stitched border is very effective and the foiled greeting stands out. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Neil

Lucy E. said...

I love both cards! So bright and bold!