Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Gotta Love Challenges!

Since retirement, I am finding myself in my stamp room on a daily basis.  To be honest, my cards are keeping me sane!  [Retirement isn't all its cracked up to be - just sayin.]  It's a good thing I love making cards :).

For today's challenges, I am joining in at Use Your Stuff #446 - Spring, Global Designs #339 - Flowers, and then The Paper Players #587 - CAS April Showers.

When I think of Spring, I think of this Trinity Stamp Set Blooming Bunch.  I just adore this arrangement of flowers, and they are so easy to color!  Yes, perfect for these challenges.

The coordinating Blooming Bunch dies make it easy to dimension [foam] the image too.  For more of a Spring card, I sponged a background, and then obviously, I used a yellow card base.  I'm hoping there is enough "white" space for the CAS portion of the Paper Players challenge.

------------------------------------------------------

I went on to join in AAA Cards 213 - Small & Spring and Cards 4 Guyz #294 - Tag You're It.

While this [so adorable] pencil, from Paper Smooches Just a Note, isn't a flower - it is yellow, and it is tiny, so I am going for it.  

I used a tiny tag die [I've had for years], and adhered it with removable tape so the recipient can use it as a bookmark.  I love including reusable tags on cards.  I also love this card!  Total fun.

That's it for me.  I really do need to do something else around my house.  At least it will be moving rather then sitting in my chair~   

Thanks Challenges - I had fun!



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I might have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

12 comments:

sentsue said...

Pretty cards Vicki. Thanks for sharing with us on the AAA Cards Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Your floral card is gorgeous, Vicki and it's a new favorite! Cute pencil card too, works for me!

Leslie said...

Both of these are great cards! That little pencil is adorable!

dj said...

Your pencil tag is charming!! Great "just a note" card for some guy!! Thanks for playing along with our "tag, you're it" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You rocked our challenge!!

Jennie Maier said...

April showers bring May flowers, perfect for this week’s challenge! Your flowers are beautifully colored! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players this week!

*Vicki* said...

Wowza!! Those flowers are absolutely Stunning and love the Spring vibe from it! That second card is too cute and clever to have the option of the bookmark for the tag! "Retirement" for me is actually my hubby's retirement because I was lucky to stay at home, then the boys grew up, moved away and then hubby retired..so being in my stamp room is actually less now! LOL With the Spring coming, my days are better enjoyed outdoors if possible...but I understand what you're saying! You'll figure it out! ;)

Celeste Goff said...

Your floral card is so very pretty Vicki! Love the colors and the selective inking on the background!

Claire Broadwater said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love all the bright, vibrant flowers! The yellow background and the white frame make the flowers pop. That little pencil tag is adorable! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous floral arrangement (and the little pencil is pretty darn cute too)!! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Haven_mom4 said...

Love the bright and vibrant colors of the flowers. Absolutely beautiful, thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff

Dawn Phillips said...

Love your CAS tag card. It's perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Love the simplicity of you card! Thanks for joining us at C4G. Cheers, Jolanda - DT