Sunday, April 24, 2022

A Fun Week-end

I took some time this week-end to join in a few challenges.  First off, I am entering into Simply Less Is More #463; One Layer Card/ Off Center, Freshly Made Sketches #532, MFT Slimline April Challenge; Baby

So, I started by making a mini slimline card base, and then I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches. 


Even though the "panel" is centered, [LIM is a One Layer Card/Offset], I'm hoping I am offset on the sponged panel enough.  Probably not, but this is a OLC at least, and it definitely is a baby card. 

  Bottom line; I like the card.

----------------------------------------

I went on to play in the Color Throwdown Challenge #689; Orange, Pink, Green.  I wasn't going to join, but then I was so inspired by this card, that I changed my mind. 

I'm glad I did!  [Being thrilled with this is an understatement].  I used the Heartfelt Creations Classic Sunflower Cling Stamp Set.  I stamped the images in a neutral color, and then used Copics to color the flowers.  Once done, I brushed on ink [for more depth]. Probably my first [semi close] no line coloring.

I used a sentiment from a retired MFT stamp set; Simply Fabulous Sayings.  Yep, I love this card!  [Thanks so much Trina for the inspiration!!]

Another successful week-end~ 

Thanks Challenges - I had fun.



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I might have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Those baby footprints are so sweet, what a cute card! And those bright blooms, WOW... you should be thrilled with this fabulous card!

Sarn said...

Two beautiful cards. xxx

Kim S said...

I love your use of the sketch as a one-layer! The footprints and sentiment are just perfect with it. And the bold flowers are "fabulous"!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

*Vicki* said...

Your baby card is absolutely precious!! Love the way you've done the masked off blending! And your second card is so bright and cheery! LOVE the way your flowers look with the additional coloring!

Vickie Z said...

Sweet cards!! Love those big bold flowers!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Jeanne H said...

Your pink and orange card is absolutely wonderful!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

I saw your flower card at Color Throwdown and had to pop by for a closer look. Wow! STUNNING! Your colouring is just fabulous.
Cute little baby card too.
xxx

Darnell said...

You're right, we were on the same track, Vicki, and I love your creative takes on the challenges! That baby card is unique, which is always a cool feeling, and your bold and bright flower design is magnificent! Trina's work is beyond, so well done you for doing such a fantastic CASE and such awesome no-line coloring! Hugs, Darnell

Valérie said...

Love your baby card with the cute footsteps. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at LIM. Stay safe and keep crafting! xx