Friday, April 8, 2022

A Couple More Challenges

I love it when I get ahead on my DT stuff because I get to play in challenges.  I got a couple [more] in my email that sparked my interest so I am joining in~

These 2 challenges really complimented each other - the colors from Just Add Ink #598 are perfect for a male card, and adding texture for Cardz 4 Guyz #293 is right up my alley!

I loved the colors for JAI - they totally talked to me!  My blue is a little off, but I am still loving this combo!  I used acrylic paint for my background so I got as close as I could for the colors.  Since I made a bigger panel, I was able to get a couple of cards.  Fine with me - more for my background stock!

Along with the paint for texture, I also used a stencil with some black embossing paste.  I really could of added more layers of texture, but I made myself stop.  Sometimes less is okay!

Thanks Challenges!  I had a great time playing along~



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I might have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So cool and I love that you added polka dots!

Nikki Spencer said...

Just “WOW”…what fabulous cards. So creative and such a wonderfully striking way to use the colours Vicki. Thanks so much for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Those are fantastic, great masculine feel, and the texture really brings them to life. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys!

Rochelle Blok said...

Fabulous cards Vicki! I Love the layering of the background colours. The use of black is a fantastic contrast and really adds to the masculine feel of the cards. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

Ali P said...

Oh this card is awesome, I love the point of difference with your design
which works so well with the colour palate.

dj said...

Black embossing paste!! I love it!! Perfect for our "add texture" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!! Your card rocks...very masculine color selection!!

Chantell Randall said...

Wonderful abstract designs. The colours look great on these unique arty cards. Chantell Just Add Ink