Friday, April 8, 2022

Just Us Girls Challenge #627 - Trend Week

This is my favorite alcohol ink technique ever!  I adore the end results - photos never do justice to the loveliness of the added foil.

Rather then pull an inked panel from my stash (I have a ton!), I made a new one.  I really enjoy making alcohol inked panels.  I love the end results you [randomly] get.  Once the panel was semi dry, I used Deco Foil and rubbed it over the ink.

Photographing this is difficult, but I think you get the drift.  The sentiment is a Simon Says Sentiment Strip [my bff :)]

Your turn!  There are many ways to add foil to your cards.  Over on the blog, I believe are some videos to help.  Meanwhile, come on over and play along at the JUGS #627 challenge



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I might have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

12 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love the colors you used for that background and the foil stuck to all the right places for gorgeous results! The strip sentiment is perfect to not distract from the beautiful background!

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful inked background lovely card, I have never made backgrounds with that technique maybe I'll try and I do have both gold and silver leaf.

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... this is stellar! I can't believe you have a ton of these in your stash. What a fabulous go to card!

cm said...

Beautiful alcohol-ink combination, made all the more lovely with the veins of gold! Love this!
hugs~c

Carol said...

It's just gorgeous! Great color combo too!

Leslie said...

Love this! Great color palette and lots of gold! That's the way to do it, lol! ;)

Nancy said...

You crushed it! Amazing card!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Amazing colors, amazing card!

Ina G said...

You nailed the foiling on that beautiful coloured piece Vicki. Just love it. I was going to try Alcohol Lift but that didn't succeed very well. One of a few that went never to be seen again.

baileyrosy.com said...

I also love using alcohol ink and foil but the photos never do them justice. Yours is beautiful and a touch of gold is fabulous it's quite addictive I find.

Marie

Bobby said...

How did you manage to use blue and orange and not make mud, Vicki? Your inked panel is gorgeous and even more so with the foiling.

Lisa Kind said...

This is gorgeous! I love you color choices! And that foil is 😍!