Friday, March 11, 2022

Just Us Girls Challenge #623 - Trend Week

Hi all - I am the hostess for this week for the JUGS challenge.  There are so many ways of using embossing folders!  Just check You Tube for Embossing Folders and PA POW! So many ideas!

I started with this first card.  While I liked the idea, I wasn't thrilled with my end result.  [Water colored embossed water color paper.]  I used the Vine Canopy Embossing Folder for my texture.  Once embossed, I dropped on some re-inker ink and sprayed with water.  I wanted the drip effect, but since that didn't work, I continued to spray with water for a full water color effect.

Once that was dry, I swiped on some dye ink over the embossed portion for more depth.
 

To finish off the card, I used Reverse Confetti's Layered XO die, along with the Circle of Waves Die

------------------------------------

Like I said, I wasn't happy with that first card, so I went for a second card!

I used the same embossing folder, only this time, I started with an inked panel [Oxide ink - Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean and Prize Ribbon], embossed it, then sanded off some of the ink.  I love this technique when done.

My Hello die is from Winnie & Walter.  Apparently, they are out of business.  Not sure how I missed that!  Anyone know when they closed?  Added in some bottom stripes, and this 2nd card is complete.  It is also on my approved list :).

Your turn!  Come on over to the JUGS #623 Challenge and play along.  I'm looking forward to seeing the gallery~



  Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I might have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

15 comments:

Nancy said...

Such creative cards with a great embossing folder. I love the way you colored the hello die and the pops of white still showing through! It's going to be a great gallery!

cm said...

Both cards are wonderful ways to showcase different techniques with embossing folders! Winnie and Walter have been closed for a couple years now; I miss their products! Fortunately, I have several of their dies (like the Hello you used here) and their rectangle base panel appears on 98% of my cards.
hugs~c

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... your Hello card is just stunning. I love the two toned sentiment... it really pops. You used my favorite colors and really wowed me in their use with the EF. I have never used a sander before but will have to try it. Thanks for the tip.

JoAnn said...

Both cards look great but I really love the 2nd one. Your inking is lovely and the sanded embossed bits really make it show up. I love your hello die cut.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute card designs!

Leslie said...

I like both of these! Both techniques are fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

Loved your challenge this week, Vicki! You made two terrific cards! I want to try your idea of sanding off some of the inked color!

Trina P. said...

Both wonderful cards with two great EF techniques.

*Vicki* said...

I love your techniques on both of these cards! So pretty and vibrant! I love EFs! What a great ideas you've come up with here!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful results on both of these! Two different effects and both equally gorgeous! Great challenge for us this week!

Bobby said...

You just showed us two wonderful ways to enhance an embossed image, Vicki. Darken the image or sand it off to make it lighter. Both ways looks fabulous on your cards.

Ina G said...

Great results with both cards Vicki. Love the effect you created.

Mac Mable said...

Both cards are vibrant and striking and as a technique girl I thank you for the inspiration x. Extra loving the second card with how the embossing turned out and the large and stunning sentiment x.

Carol said...

So striking and bold. LOVE them!

Lisa Kind said...

Your cards are very creative. I love the colors and the techniques you used! I loved W&W...sad when they closed. Great challenge this week!