Wednesday, February 2, 2022

A Couple of Challenges

I took some time to join in a couple of challenges that inspired me.  The first one, Global Design Project #328 - Case the Designer.  I do love to CASE cards - especially when I like them lol.

Here is her card:

I love the center focal image, and also the water colored background.

For my CASE, I went to my extra background panels and found one I liked, then I colored the flowers from Trinity's  Blooming Bunch [with matching dies] to match it.

I rather like the solid coloring of the images, and you still can see the angled panels, and the background.

The sentiment is from Memory Box Signature Greetings with matching dies.  I really enjoy the detailed die to the fun font sentiment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was watching a video today, and it reminded me of a technique that I just adore, but typically, forget about doing - sanding embossing.  The timing was perfect for me to join in the Simon Says Monday Challenge; Embossing Folder.You can see the video HERE, and here is my card.

Once again, I grabbed an inked panel [from my stash], and used the Simon Says 3D Roseville Bouquet Embossing Folder.  [It's very pretty]
 
Here is a close up of the sanding. It's hard to see with the colors of the panel, but in real life, it's pretty cool.


The sentiment is from Simon Says Sentiment Strips.  [I just love this product!]
You can see the video HERE.
 
Thanks so much challenges!  I had a blast joining in~


Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I might have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

3 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Two brilliant cards Vicki! Loving the pretty florals on top and your anniversary card is stunning with the colors and design! Nicely done with the EF!!

Leslie said...

Love both of these! The colors are just awesome on both!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful cards!!