Friday, January 7, 2022

Just Us Girls Challenge #614 - Trend Week

It's my challenge for this week.  You basically have a choice - ink blended or ink sprayed background. I went ahead and made 1 of each, just because I love doing both!

For my first one, I used brand new stamps. The background, Simon Says Lantern Pattern Background Stamp [this is one of many that was in the mystery box I bought from Simon Says at the first of December].  I also used Gina K Designs Wild Blossoms.  [I won this one from the Fall Winter Coffee Lovers Hop]

I used Oxide inks for blending over the clear embossed stamp image. (These inks do blend like butter!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I went on to make a sprayed background.  Doing this type of background is really easy.  Again, I stamped a different background stamp [from the mystery box]; Simon Says Sunflower Background, using Versamark and clear embossing powder.

I used Dylusions Ink Sprays - Lemon Zest, Squeezed Orange, and Post Box Red on top of the resisted image. Rather then dab off the excess spray, I let it dry completely to keep the vivid color.

I used a sentiment from Pink Fresh Studios Perfect Sentiments, and a butterfly from the OOB Verve.  The Brown Diamond Rhinestone Mix are from Katscrappiness.

Okay, your turn!  Come on over to the JUGS #614 Challenge and show us your inked or sprayed backgrounds.  I'm looking forward to the gallery~



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

13 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Both are totally gorgeous! Love the blending on the first one with those delicate stems. The second one with those big, bold, embossed sunflowers looks fantastic with those sprays. Great challenge for us this week!

Leslie said...

These are beautiful!

Nancy said...

Love your first card a LOT! Thay background is awesome! Your butterfly card is super cool too! A great challenge and fabulous job! Have a good weekend!

ElizStewart said...

Vicki...great use of new products! Love your color combinations both on the distress oxide and the dylusions spray card. Love both of these products and your fabulous cards prove why! Amazing results.

Stef Perry said...

Both cards are fabulous Vicki, but that sprayed sunflower card is absolutely spectacular! You've inspired to pull out my sprays and play.

Carol said...

Love both of your inked backgrounds! So bright and cheery against the white and black details that you chose for each of them!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Two incredible cards, Vicki! LOVE the silhouette image on the first one!

Bobby said...

Whether sprayed or inked your cards are wonderful, Vicki. I love the resist technique.

cm said...

WOW! A duo of gorgeous! Thank you for sharing both techniques! Love these!
hugs~c

Ina G said...

Both gorgeous bold and beautiful Vicki. Love them and your trend choice.

wienerhoneymooners said...

SO STUNNING!!!!! I was inspired by YOU!! I did a few cards and thankful for your inspration!

Lisa Kind said...

Both cards are so cool! I of course love the first one with blending distress inks, but the second one is over the top cool! Love that background image and the inks are so vivid! Love it!

Cécile RIBON said...

Those two cards are simply fabulous. I love your choice of rich and vibrant colors. Thanks for this fun challenge.