Monday, October 4, 2021

A Couple of Challenges and Announcement!

I found a couple of challenges that really sparked my interest, so I am playing along. 
 

I'm starting with the AAA Cards Challenge #200 and AAA Birthday Challenge #30; slimline card. It's fun to help celebrate challenges milestones, especially when an idea hits you!  Plus, it goes along with my announcement - I am an Influencer for Katscrappiness!  Since I do love Kat's products, this will be a good fit. Meanwhile, I am quite thrilled with how my card turned out.

I started my mini slimline using a base of 6 x 3½.  From there I cut out the framing and middle panel using Katscrappiness Mini Scalloped Edge Dies, and Mini Slimline Embossed Edge Dies. I used Katscrappiness Wine Not Dies with some designer paper [from my stash], and card stock for the Copic colored wine glass.

The celebrate die is from MFT
 
================================================================
 
For my second challenge,  CAS Christmas Card Challenge October,  I loved the colors!

For this card, I am at a complete loss of who made the images I cut out. [A few years ago, I "organized" my dies -- forgetting I needed to save the manufacturer's name - sheesh]  If you know who they are - feel free to let me know :).

The sentiment is from Hero Arts -- 15 years old?  LOL  No linking there either.  (At least I am using my products, right?)  Glad to have another Christmas card in my stash for sure.

Challenges - I had a blast!



Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I might have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you.

15 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Congratulations on being an influencer as you said. I love both of the cards you made too. I also love the products from Kat Scrappiness!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous cards, Vicki! I love your sparkly red bow with gray accents...so pretty!
Congrats on becoming an Influencer...you are very deserving of this honor! xx

*Vicki* said...

WOW! Such stunning cards here! The images are fabulous and beautifully utilized on your designs! HUGE congrats on your influencer gig!! So awesome!

Marcia Hill said...

Your gray and red card is absolutely beautiful Vicki! I love the gray die cut holly and the red sparkly bow...so pretty together!! Loving the lighter gray background die cut too. CAS and just perfect for our color challenge! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Christmas!! Marcia (DT) :0)

Leslie said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous! I really love the wine one (even though I'm not a wine drinker). And congrats on the new gig - they sure are lucky to have you! ;)

Lisa Elton said...

Yay, congrats on your new DT gig! What a fun wine bottle. Love the way it fills the card. That sparkly bow is terrific! Two awesome cards, Vicki!

Jane said...

Fantastic celebration card, love its bold look. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday and AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Barbara B said...

Vicki, both cards are gorgeous, love the dies you used for your cards. You have a good eye for layouts that's for sure. The Christmas card is beautiful! Congratulations on becoming an Influencer!

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely designs here Vicki! what a great red/grey design with your beautiful die cuts - so creative to use the hole cut out tag for your background - that holly is so pretty in the dark gray with the red berries and the glittery bow really pops! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Liz Williams said...

Vicki, your design is nicely done and love that added sparkle of the red glittered paper.

Darnell said...

I'm all about using your schtuff, Vicki, so well done you! The oldies-but-goodies still need love, too, and you created two brilliant designs with all your goodies for this post! The composition, colors, and texture on both are sensational! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Hi Vicki. Congrats on your new gig Katscappiness! How exciting! Gorgeous slimline card - love the design of the wine bottle! And your gray and red Christmas card is wonderful. Especially love the dark gray holly with gem berries! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That looks so yummy! Cheers to you, you Scrapfluencer!!

Quillish said...

Wow, love the subtle texture on your card with wine! Fantastic elements together, yet CAS! So glad you joined us at the celebrations at AAA Cards (that too with wine). Hugs~ Ishani.

Christine Alexander said...

Love that red and gray Christmas card, the die cut tag is amazing and the sparkle of the berries is perfect. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas ♥